Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's raining so hard that......
My puny stereo is no match for the rain tonight. Headphones or bust!
quote:
Originally posted by Rob Tucker

Well, 2017 was the warmest year on record. Once again. Anybody see a trend here in Hawaii? Personally I think Puna is a great place to be in the face of a wacky climate and wackier national psych.

Can we stop saying warmest year every year? It's a joke.

https://realclimatescience.com/2016/12/1...tampering/

It's raining so hard here my dog just took a shower with me because he thought it was drier than going outside.
Uh, it's not just the US reporting this data. That website is a joke.
Latest forecasts call for nasty stuff to start happening late Saturday afternoon through at least Monday night as a potent short-wave trough moves in from the North West. The trough is likely to create significant convection over us, so expect heavy rain and some powerful thunderstorms.

We're expecting a lot of snow at the summit of Mauna Kea and blizzard-like conditions as summit-level winds pick up on Sunday evening.
2017 was actually only the third-warmest year on record. Not that it makes much of a difference given that #1 and #2 were 2016 and 2015 respectively.
https://realclimatescience.com/2016/12/1...tampering/

I stopped reading that site when it tried to argue its point by using the mode rather than the mean. That suggests the usual case of confusing climate and weather. In any case, it's not specifically Hawaii-related so won't take it further.
We love the Ua and natures light show .
No annoying tourist helicopters and far better than a drought.
In the 1940s and 1950s this would last 6 months at a stretch with an average of 10 inches of rain a day and on the heavy rainy days 20 to 30 inches of rain .This was on our 40 acres in Glenwood - not in the flat lands of puna .
Mrs.Mimosa
But that no longer happens. I wonder why? [Wink]
Rampant dozing of endemic forests - sea level rise - magnetic poles about to flip - or the earths wobble is slowing down .
It still happens but only weeks at a time and not months at a time Tom.
Mrs.Mimosa
It was a rhetorical question, Mrs. Mimosa!