Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
News? pohoiki boat ramp??
quote:
Originally posted by kalakoa

Instead the plan is to spend that money in Kona.

So move to Kona.

That's what they want everyone to do !
That's what they want everyone to do !

Well then "all they need to do is" create some substandard "agricultural" subdivisions without infrastructure or building code enforcement (but with fiber internet).

Alternate plan: give all the "poor" people enough subsidies and tax breaks that they can afford the existing Kona real estate.

I don't care either way. Just do something and get it over with.
There is NOTHING! In Kona to compare with the warm/hot oceanic water the pohoiki /puna side has. My beat up, arthritic body is *aching* for a daily swim in the therapeutic waters that got covered up.

It’s not fluff! There are lots of people that moved to Puna for their health. (No, not necessarily weed!)

We NEED this!

Ccat
Kalakoa: “ Instead the plan is to spend that money in Kona.”

I keep hearing this. What/whose plan? Is there something in writing or is this just the official “ talk”?

(It’s an actual question)

Ccat
$40 million for water infrastructure projects.
----------
For a water line to Pohoiki? Because that's about all it was.
The water line ran down Pohoiki road and the farmers along the road used the water.From Pohoiki it ran along the Red Road up to Kapoho.

The Orchid farmers and others want to return to Kapoho and that water is needed.
quote:
Originally posted by Ccat

Kalakoa: “ Instead the plan is to spend that money in Kona.”

I keep hearing this. What/whose plan? Is there something in writing or is this just the official “ talk”?

(It’s an actual question)

Ccat

The Department of Water Supply told our water board members that they have no intention of putting the water lines back in that area. They stated they could use the money anywhere they want including Kona.
Sounds like time for litigation, to get this thing out of limbo.
Sounds like time for litigation, to get this thing out of limbo.

They'll be plenty of time for that when county/state codify the USGS Lava-Flow Hazard Zones Map, and announce plans to adjust planning and building codes accordingly to that.
when county/state codify the USGS Lava-Flow Hazard Zones Map, and announce plans

Why bother with all that effort when waffling/stonewalling are working so well?