Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HPP Cell Tower Approved . . . Oh, the Humanity!
Excellent news. It means it won't be too long before we get traffic info and restaurant reviews and opening times for the Moon. It's been a long time coming. Hopefully they won't charge roaming fees. I wonder if Costco will build there?
Has the new tower been built? I've noticed my cell signal at home has improved within the last year.

Where exactly is the location?

I know it's an ATT tower, but is it "for the masses" or only certain networks? I have Spectrum. I know that Straightttalk and Tracfone use multiple networks, I suspect Spectrum does as well.
(12-12-2021, 07:04 PM)Chas Wrote: Has the new tower been built? I've noticed my cell signal at home has improved within the last year.

Where exactly is the location?

I know it's an ATT tower, but is it "for the masses" or only certain networks? I have Spectrum. I know that Straightttalk and Tracfone use multiple networks, I suspect Spectrum does as well.
I found this gofundme from the folks against the cell tower.  I thought I read somewhere recently that the cell tower had been built.

https://gofund.me/1426e0bb
Wahine

Lead by example
The tower is still under construction. It's located at the HPPOA office on Makuu and 17th.

The after the fact protesters have filed a frivolous lawsuit and held protests.

The tower was approved by the Windward Planning commission after numerous hearings. It was ready for final approve by the HPPOA board when the board imploded.
They are saying it's illegal because only one board member signed the lease.
Yeah, the gofundme effort is laughable. They've collected only $550 in over four months, half of which was from a single anonymous donor. I don't think their lawsuit will get very far with that level of finance. Hopefully the tower will be finished soon, because the lack of cell coverage in HPP is a far greater public safety issue than the tower falling or the imaginary 5G death rays.
As I understand it, itʻs an AT&T tower and itʻs 4G, not 5G. Spectrum uses Verizonʻs lines so if you donʻt have AT&T, it will probably make no difference.
This explains the headaches I've been having.

Edit: I mean will have.

Etc...
You guys make me laugh. All this hubub about a cell tower.
The protesters got the tower moved about 50 feet because the playground was in the fall zone of the tower. It's rated for 120 mph winds. They could have made do with a sign at the playground. "Don't let your children play here in a hurricane."
I have AT&T and have been waiting for this. I might try to repoint by signal booster once I know for sure it is in operation.

At least where I am AT&T is by far the superior choice. I used to use T-Mobile, but it's a total joke in Hawaii unfortunately.