Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Covid variant named Mu
Aaron can always change his mind about his.

From the thread: Vaccinated People Spread The Delta Variant, CDC Says
Obie posted about an acquaintance:

He posted "Oppose the mandate" "I stand for medical freedom" on August 10th and was hospitalized on August 13th.
He passed away on the 5th of September.
https://punaweb.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=22374&page=28

So, it's possible you can't always change your mind.
(09-07-2021, 10:58 PM)AaronM Wrote: HDOA is unable to keep invasive plants out and the CDC is unable to keep covid variants out. Big Government at 'work'.

Not the government, just willfully unvaccinated people giving the variants a foothold.

(09-07-2021, 11:28 PM)Kimo1967 Wrote: Every time I read the less pleasant folks' less than pleasant comments, I'm reminded of my Dad telling me that every time you point a finger at others, you have three pointing back at you.

All of the snarling, hateful comments seem to come from the same folks who are stuck with the choice they have made.  Aaron can always change his mind about his.   Who really has confirmation bias?

My choice protects me and everyone I come into contact with. I'm not stuck with it, I celebrate it every day. I'm a bit of a contrarian myself so I listen to opposing viewpoints, but most of what I hear is not even logical or factual.

When does the anti-vaxxer change their mind? After they've breed how many variants? Spread the disease to how many vulnerable people? Clogged the hospitals causing how many unnecessary deaths? Does the anti-vaxxer feel no responsibility for the effect their actions have on others?

In any case, it's never pleasant hearing you are wrong, Kimo. And sometimes when fingers are pointed at you it's because you did something wrong.
I would be just as alarmist and concerned if Canadians all of a sudden decided that they were sick of the snow or sick of their socialized medicine and were walking across our northern border, bringing in a new variant that originated in Calgary.

Also, I am not anti vaccine. I hope everyone who wants one gets one. I hope all elderly, immunocompromised, or those with preexisting conditions get one. I don't need one so I won't be getting one. If I was elderly, overweight, a smoker, had COPD, had HIV, had cancer, had a transplant or anything that would put me at serious risk, I would get the vaccine in a heartbeat.

Don't complain that I'm an asymptomatic carrier because so are vaccinated people. I won't be overcrowding any medical facility because I have made my decision and I have faith that when my time comes, my times comes. If I get infected again and I take a turn for the worst, I will crawl into a lava tube and die at home. If you stop seeing my posts, you can throw a party for all I care.

The only person I am impacting with my choice is me.

So long as you live alone and never leave your house, sure.
..."The only person I am impacting with my choice is me.

So long as you live alone and never leave your house, sure.. . "

That's it in a nutshell Kalakoa. Thank you for the simple summary.

The self centered selfishness that is out there is amazing to me.
Don't get all high and mighty with me when every single one of you pompous vaccinated people are asymptomatic carriers of the virus just like I am.

The sanctimonious attitude is ridiculous.
(09-08-2021, 02:26 AM)AaronM Wrote: I would be just as alarmist and concerned if Canadians all of a sudden decided that they were sick of the snow or sick of their socialized medicine and were walking across our northern border, bringing in a new variant that originated in Calgary.

Also, I am not anti vaccine.  I hope everyone who wants one gets one.  I hope all elderly, immunocompromised, or those with preexisting conditions get one.  I don't need one so I won't be getting one.  If I was elderly, overweight, a smoker, had COPD, had HIV, had cancer, had a transplant or anything that would put me at serious risk, I would get the vaccine in a heartbeat.

Don't complain that I'm an asymptomatic carrier because so are vaccinated people.  I won't be overcrowding any medical facility because I have made my decision and I have faith that when my time comes, my times comes.  If I get infected again and I take a turn for the worst, I will crawl into a lava tube and die at home.  If you stop seeing my posts, you can throw a party for all I care.

There have been many cases where outspoken covid deniers and anti-vaxers have changed their tune when they are in intensive care.  Maybe you will have the gumption to put your money where your mouth is but in general that is not what happens.  Therefor general policy should be to assume the worst which is that everyone should have gotten vaccinated and if they didn't it will make trouble for the rest of us.  That's how it pans out most of the time.  Rugged individuals playing Russian roulette and getting lucky are not setting a good example.  It's not a good example even if they don't get lucky.
Our hospitals and ICUs at capacity would suggest most unvaccinated don't share your views on not seeking medical treatment. And 60% of the population has one comorbidity or other, so even if you don't have one, chances are many of your family and friends do. Why discourage people from getting vaccinated or wearing masks when it could come back to hurt your own family and friends?

Though breakthrough infections can occur in the vaccinated, their severity, duration, and window of possible contagion are dramatically reduced, as are the risks of long-haul Covid. These all reduce the likelihood of a successful mutation occuring in the vaccinated and then spreading to others.

If you want to see the outcome of lower vaccination rates look at Idaho. They are now having to ration care. That effects everyone, even the young and healthy, kids with injuries, women giving birth, etc.
(09-08-2021, 04:03 AM)AaronM Wrote: The sanctimonious attitude is ridiculous.

It's just an honest reflection of how folks feel about those who wave unfounded excuses around like spoiled brats.

And, you know, if it wasn't for the fact that it sounds exactly like all the other crazy sh*t that's been droned on and on and on ever since they were going to lock Hillary up, maybe there'd be a reason to pay attention. You know, placate the kids, promise them some candy. But as it is, on the heals of all the other shenanigans you all been foisting on us ad nauseam.. you're lucky folks ain't blown a gasket.. yet.
(09-08-2021, 04:03 AM)AaronM Wrote: Don't get all high and mighty with me when every single one of you pompous vaccinated people are asymptomatic carriers of the virus just like I am. 

The sanctimonious attitude is ridiculous.

Hey aron, sounds like you're getting a bit defensive, starting to call names and making baseless and false accusations.
It's beginning to sound like you're loosing your false, misplaced sense of superiority.
Welcome to reality.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Was a Democrat until gun control became a knee jerk, then a Republican until the crazies took over, back to being a nonpartisan again.
This time, I can no longer participate in the primary.