Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Car Mechanic Suggestions
You had me at donuts. :-) Where is Mikeʻs?
I had pads for front and rear but front was still good. He cleaned the rotors changed pads and checkec fluid. $200, but he came to my house in the rain. I used to c  do all my own work but no longer able. I liked the way he went about his businecc. Sorry, computer won't erase or back space! Now I need a computer mechanic!!!
Pahoa Tech Cafe. (808) 207-3423. Or new keyboard.
(02-23-2023, 12:09 AM)kalianna Wrote: Pahoa Tech Cafe.  (808) 207-3423.  Or new keyboard.
 Thanks
Your keyboard and electronics are dieing because of the rain and humidity. 90% humidity is death to electronics. Try a big ziplock and dry rice.
Thumbs Down 
(02-22-2023, 10:53 PM)kalianna Wrote: You had me at donuts.  :-)  Where is Mikeʻs?
Mike's Auto in Pahoa - Mike misdiagnosed my car and it cost me $235.
What is the year and make of your car ?
(02-23-2023, 02:44 AM)sistersue Wrote:
(02-22-2023, 10:53 PM)kalianna Wrote: You had me at donuts.  :-)  Where is Mikeʻs?

Sadly, a lot of modern mechanics can't properly diagnose a problem unless the car's computer narrows it down for them.  I don't think it's a declining skill set, the vehicles are just a lot more complicated than they were a few decades ago.  I remember taking my 1973 Omega in for service in the early 2000s and when I went to pick it up there were a bunch of mechanics standing around looking at an older mechanic (the shop owner) fiddling with it.

As I was paying he explained that they had never seen a car with ignition points before and he was showing them how they worked.  Apparently it wasn't something they taught in mechanic school.

You might want to try to contact Mikes and explain the situation, and ask them to for a re-diagnosis and to credit $235 for the repair.  I don't know if they are under any obligation to do that, but I know some shops do that.
Thats a pathetic story about the points ..holee crap !!

I had to look up thr Omega, sweet ride !
Pretty sure there is a non descript color one in town. Older gentleman driver. Bet it has low miles for i only see it parked at the bar.
(02-24-2023, 12:02 AM)terracore Wrote:
(02-23-2023, 02:44 AM)sistersue Wrote:
 Terracore ~ I've heard from people - one of them that works for Mike, that he throws screaming fits and I don't want to subject myself to that.  But thanks for trying to help.

Sadly, a lot of modern mechanics can't properly diagnose a problem unless the car's computer narrows it down for them.  I don't think it's a declining skill set, the vehicles are just a lot more complicated than they were a few decades ago.  I remember taking my 1973 Omega in for service in the early 2000s and when I went to pick it up there were a bunch of mechanics standing around looking at an older mechanic (the shop owner) fiddling with it.

As I was paying he explained that they had never seen a car with ignition points before and he was showing them how they worked.  Apparently it wasn't something they taught in mechanic school.

You might want to try to contact Mikes and explain the situation, and ask them to for a re-diagnosis and to credit $235 for the repair.  I don't know if they are under any obligation to do that, but I know some shops do that.