Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kona Airport Closures
(04-14-2024, 06:03 AM)Wao nahele wahine Wrote:
(04-14-2024, 04:32 AM)randomq Wrote: I feel like $120 million should buy a profitable paving company, not one job.

Did you mean competent or dependable?  One job for $120 million seems profitable to me.

It depends on how much that one job costs.
The actual construction and pavement rehabilitation work at KOA will cost around 81 million dollars. Hilo based contractor Jas W. Glover was
the lowest bidder for this project.

The engineers estimate was between 95 and 105 million dollars.

The bids for this project ranged from 81 million to 105 million dollars (Goodfellow Brothers was the highest bidder).

The ongoing,temporary, pavement repairs at KOA are being done under a separate state contract (JWG is also the contractor for this work)

FYI, Hilo's airport will be undergoing the same pavement rehab in the near future. The state requested for consultants to bid on the design work for
this roughly 100 million dollar project.
I’m wondering if all the tarped piles of whatever that have slowly filled the open field area as you drive into ITO are for the upcoming runway repair?
“A functioning, robust democracy requires a healthy, educated, participatory followership, and an educated, morally grounded leadership.” - Chinua Achebe