Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HPP cockfight
Where I moved from it was illegal to transport an unrestrained live animal in the back of a pickup truck.

My first trip to Hawaii I saw somebody doing it with their kids, and I thought, oh boy, that's got to be a spendy ticket!

Then I moved here and found out it wasn't.

Similarly, when I was in my previous line of work, people would call in animal abuse complaints and then try to blame me personally because frequently, there was nothing I could do but give the perp a stern talking to. I was also allowed to wag my finger. I'd try to explain to the complainant, it's legal in this state to beat your children- up to a point. The same goes for animals.

At the end of the day, despite all the humane laws, domestic animals are property.
Absolutism vs Relativism in HPP would be a good thread.

I forgot to mention it earlier... If upon requesting "one dozen eggs" the CRO facility operator replies, "like cracks?"

This may be an invitation to purchase eggs with minor imperfections, at a better price.  A proper response could be, "why yes!  In that case I will take TWO dozen"
(05-24-2024, 03:07 AM)Punatang Wrote: Absolutism vs Relativism in HPP would be a good thread.

I'm sure the discussion might be interesting, but I doubt it would last very long until it devolves into something more primitive. I'm not even sure I'd know where to start, given the title. It's the sort of essay you'd be asked to write at college if you were studying some liberal arts program.
 it devolves into something more primitive  TomK

HPP?  Not a chance.  Keep it classy.
Aha...

Hawaii’s Cockfight Economy Is Worth Millions Of Dollars A Year

Prize-fighting chickens battle for six-figure purses while the sale and export of prize birds is a lucrative business.

https://www.civilbeat.org/2023/04/hawaii...rs-a-year/

Earl Koanui, a retired Honolulu Police Department detective, spent three years posing as a corrupt cop to infiltrate cockfights and gambling rooms. During that time, he raked in $330,000 in bribes — much of it from cockfight promoters paying him to tip them off if other police officers were planning a raid, he said.

“One Waianae promoter paid $5,000 for one day in 1998,” Koanui recalled.
Cockfighting. 

Such a manly sport!

I bet you cockfighting manly men get all dressed up and even spray on some good cologne when you go off with all your other manly men and watch chickens fight!

I wonder how much chicken choking goes on as well at these events!

Do they serve “dog” at these manly cockfighting events as well?

So manly.
cockfighting manly men

The wahine running the thing agrees and so she got her son into the business.

Lehualani K. Kaleiwahea, 49, of Hilo was arrested for:
As Mymano would say “she’s a dog!”

But then, one can imagine that these manly male cockfighters would make the woman take the blame!

Like hanging your American Flag upside down!
Activists want Feds to crack down on cockfighting, praise BI police for HPP raid.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/activi...r-BB1o3oDO
A comment from a pro-rooster spokesperson in the link provided by Punatang:

supports small business. They also say their love of their birds is part of their lifestyle and culture.

Heroin supports small business for the drug dealers.  Opium smoking is part of a certain lifestyle and culture.  Counterfeiting promotes a vibrant economy, for the counterfeiters.  Stealing cars and spray painting them matte black encourages the person who lost their car to buy a newer, lower carbon emitting vehicle, which is good for the environment.

People who love their roosters demonstrate their care for birds who are creatures that would prefer to fly in the air, by tying them to the ground with a three foot chain all their life.  Except for a few minutes when they fight them to their death.