Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nevada home away from home
"It's all in fun, let's live some." - The Lack

A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money. - G. Gordon Liddy

'My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world.
I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it.'
-- Barrack Obama

''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.'' -- John Wayne

Typically weak smack from the right.

One quote from a convicted felon & inept burglar; another from a guy who fought in all the wars . . . except the real ones. [V]

aloha,
Gene

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

"I've been on food stamps and welfare, did anybody help me out? No." - Craig T. Nelson

"Mella l, after reading this statement the same thing happened to me, It’s just to say the least, flat amazing how it has effected me. Now each night before I go to bed I pray that Obama won’t get into office, maybe this is God’s way of canceling out your prayer.
The Lack"

Thanks Lack, my prayers started 2 weeks ago, so double up! So glad you got the "SUNDAY Talking Points" that the religious part of my family received this past Sunday, and ran around our mail boxes! Don't read, don't care, blind faith, amazing for the 21st Century.

Word gets around doesn't it!

"This is an impressive crowd: the Have's and Have-more's. Some people call you the elites. I call you my base." -- George W. Bush

"The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all." -- G. K. Chesterton

mella l

"Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong....because sometime in your life you will have been all of these."
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
Okay folks.... the left/right smack-a-thons are not especially needed or appreciated here.

Keep it Hawaii please.

Punaweb moderator
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Rob Tucker, moderator,

I made a post in the past about my feelings as an American and the political arena. Within two days it pulled over thirty five response posts and over one thousand hits. You said that it was national politics and jerked it out of the forum. Now Mella l makes a post about her idol “Obama” and the God inspiring feelings that she felt shaking this “Presidential candidates” hand.

I responded with:

"It's all in fun, let's live some." - The Lack

and you say:

“Okay folks.... the left/right smack-a-thons are not especially needed or appreciated here.

Keep it Hawaii please.”

Well Rob fair is fair so jerk this topic out of the forum too after all it’s National politics, isn’t it? Or is it that Mella l is a regular contributor and you don’t want to offend her?

The Lack

I think that The Lack has a valid point. While I am an anti-republican Obama supporter, this is the wrong place for the subject of this thread.

Dan

Hi mella 1

"Was in Nevada yesterday and wanted to share this as I believe that Nevada has the second largest population of Hawaiians out side of the state of Hawaii."

...as each year for the last seven I was in Nevada for ten days this summer as a resident of Black Rock City (the third largest community in NV after Las Vaugeous and Sparks/Reno). Black Rock City arises from nothing and then disappears back into nothing each year on a flat ancient lakebed, the largest "leave no trace" event in the world (http://www.burningman.com/) and so I can attest from firsthand eyewitness experience that Hawaiian flags are among the most populous waving over camps in the duststorms and desert sun above the Black Rock Desert.

Burn On!

)'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'(

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."

Pres. John Adams, Scholar and Statesman

"There's a scientific reason to be concerned and there's a scientific reason to push for action. But there's no scientific reason to despair."

NASA climate analyst Gavin Schmidt

)'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'(

)'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'(

Astonishing skill! This archer is a real-life Legolas and then some!
http://geekologie.com/2013/11/real-life-...rs-anc.php

)'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'(
ACORN raided in Nevada vote fraud probe

UPI

David

Ninole Resident
Ninole Resident
Aloha All,

This is a fine thread and relates directly to Hawaii in many ways as I'm sure Rob recognizes. It is not the fault of Mella that a few (who could have easily refrained) took the thread into partisan political "smackdowns." [:I]

I am also saying prayers for Obama and his family, especially in light of the inciteful statements of McCain & Palin which are whipping their supporters into an ugly frenzy.

april
april
wow another "smackdown" albeit of the acceptable variety.

David

Ninole Resident
Ninole Resident