Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lets do a Survey of ISP speeds throughout puna
"...I think that's megabits per second, not that it makes much difference if you're satisfied with the speed. ..."

It makes a HUGE difference! One megaBYTE is made up of 8 megaBITS.
Puna: Our roosters crow first
You missed the "if" part.
the 5 gig limit on those wireless plans is a problem. my wife can burn up 1 gig a day on second life alone.
you will find most of the premium providers... wireless card / satellite have servers with severe total monthly bandwith restrictions

I have hughes and starband at the other locations ... both have limits, 5 gig or so on both
Educate me,please.

What is the purpose of this test?
The purpose is to compare internet access speeds per area and method.
If a neighbor has faster access than me then I'd like to know how I can get it.
quote:
Originally posted by PaulW

If a neighbor has faster access than me then I'd like to know how I can get it.

I'd like to know how you can get it too[Smile]
Paul, I shoulda put in a smilie, a second look at my post makes me think I came across as a "know-it-all" which was not my intention!
Puna: Our roosters crow first
My results showed 2.39mb download and .72mb upload on speedtest.net, 2.64mb/.66mb on speakeasy.net and 1.328mb/.673mb at dslreports.com

I have DSL through Hawaiian Telcom and live in Hawaiian Beaches.
Is there any hope for Fern Forest folks? I'm dying with this 20kbps speed. I have 0-to-2 bars on this Verizon wireless aircard that I got from the verizon booth in the mall. (testing it for 30 days) I also tried the AT&T aircard and its just as bad. Can anyone recommend a solution better than dial up, please ??? *underscore on the word "please"*