Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Pizza Hut In Keaau
This is the building permits issued for 2006
http://www.hawaii-county.com/permits/2006permits.html

The land across from Home Depot is all DHHL
land. It wasn't due to the land being to expensive..It was due the construction costs.

I checked the County website link I posted.
I didn't see anything in regards to Costco
getting a building permit.

Edited by - Aaron S on 09/18/2006 19:52:07

Edited by - Aaron S on 09/18/2006 19:52:42
A story in today's Star-Bulletin states that Costco is still considering locations in the Hilo area, but has not reached a decision to build. They are due to complete their Kauai location in October, so we can only hope that they turn their attention our way next.

Aloha,
Jerry

Gotta wonder what economic effect that will have on the dark side...many eastside residents head over there bi-weekly or monthly...should be interesting. Will be nice to have those things available to us at reasonable prices without using so much gas just to do it...when you add the gas price to your groceries going west side...where's your real savings?

Here's an aside...I will no long say Dark Side...I think it's not nice. So - west side or Kona side it is!

Carrie

"To be one, to be united is a great thing. But to respect the right to be different is maybe even greater." Bono
http://www.hellophoenix.com/art/dreamhawaii.Cfm

Edited by - carolann r on 09/19/2006 11:46:23
Carrie

http://www.carrierojo.etsy.com
http://www.vintageandvelvet.blogspot.com

"Freedom has a scent like the top of a newborn baby's head..." U2
Costco - hope it never comes to Hilo. If you shop sales at the grocery stores and Longs you will come out about the same. Between Wal-Mart & Cost -U- Less the same needs can be met. I am not promoting Wal-Mart, still anti-Wal-Mart. I'm not anti-Costco, I just do not see any reason the island needs two. I hate to see all the big box stores coming. If we are going to have chains then why not something different like Whole Foods? If there is any kind of discount department store added waht about Target? At least it is different.

Pizza Hut, uggg!! Might as well eat a Geno's frozen pizza. Would love to see a mom & pop pizza shop with a really good crust move in the spot instead.

Atlanta/Pahoa
Atlanta/Pahoa
KTA has much fresher food and on sale their prices are cheaper, but we still have a Costco card. Dunno why, though, we haven't been there for over six months. I do like their frozen coffee but driving to Kona is a bit far for coffee.

Pizza hut isn't really pizza but some folks will go there just because the sign is familiar. We have pizza parties rather frequently since it is a good way to gather folks together and clean out the refrigerator at the same time. Pizza crust is extremely easy to make (warm water, yeast, a bit of sugar and enough flour to make it into dough) and we use spagetti sauce as pizza sauce. Scatter a bit of this 'n that around and the end result is amazingly tasty. The stuff is cheap, too. We buy yeast in two pound bags, flour in twenty five or fifty pound bags and spagetti sauce by the case lot when it is on sale. A big home made pizza has about $5 worth of ingrediants in it. The cheese is the most expensive part. Usually everyone will bring an ingrediant or two and it is generally a group effort.

"I like yard sales," he said. "All true survivalists like yard sales." 
Kurt Wilson
Making your pizza is more fun than eating out. You get to come up with different ingredients. I love zucchini & yellow squash on mine! Some grocery stores will sell Italian bread dough that you can use as crust. It isn't awesome NY style dough but it's easy and quick in a fix.

Atlanta/Pahoa
Atlanta/Pahoa
quote:
I wouldn't eat a Pizza Hut pizza if it were free. Honestly I'm no pizza aficionado but those taste like cardboard. Just my opinion of course,

mella l

Here Hear...Pizza hut is not Pizza..it's a "Pizza flavored food product"

If it has to be chain fast food pizza-flavored food product...Domino's to me is a better choice...and this is coming from a NY Italian :-)

Check out my Exotica CD at www.tikiyakiorchestra.com
Hotzcatz, Cat I would like to invite my self and my husband to one of your pizza parties please! We aren't there yet the kit cat chronicles are keeping us on this side of the water at the moment but please please can we have pizza with you! Dinner time here can you tell? Aloha, Mella

mella l
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
Pizza Hut pizza only seems good when it is being compared to Domino's (where the question is which tastes better, the pizza or the box it came in).

I have found plenty of good places for pizza in Philadelphia and New York, but two of my favorites are (or were) right on the Big Island. On our first visit to BI in 1999, we stayed at a B&B in Volcano, and our hosts recommended a local delivery-only place which we tried. (I don't know if they even had a storefront; I think the woman baked it in her home and then her husband delivered it.) Our host was right; it proved to be an excellent pizza. We returned to the same B&B in 2004, and one night we asked about the pizza place; we were told that it was no longer in business. In February of this year, we tried Big Island Pizza in Hilo soon after it opened, and were very impressed. Our second visit only confirmed our favorable first impression. We would be happy to return there on our next visit to the Big Island.

Howard
Costco is really great for running in to people you havent seen forever cause every one feels the need to go there.
Living in Kona I guess I lost the thrill and have no use for the place anymore.
I recently discovered Cost U Less and no it is not Costco but has MANY of the same bulk items Costco has. No membership required.
Membership LOL - Pay us for the privelege of spending your money in our store.
For what I buy at Costco the membership math doesnt work. Over it.

"Puna Gnome for President"