Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nanawale Estates
Uhhh,, 8?

Where did you buy? I would like to make sure that I won't be locating so as to be bitching about your noise.

Adrienne, To answer your initial question on this new post: I live in Nanawale and as everyone has said before, there are good and bad people in every subdivision. Neighbors can sometimes make or break your happiness. I have wonderful neighbors on either side in Nanawale, and our friendship has a lot to do with our safety and happiness. But two doors down is meth central and gangsta central. So go figure. I love Puna. Before we bought our place I looked on the internet very intensely (some might say obsessively) for about a year. With long lists of properties to look at in many subdivisions,and a helpful real estate agent, we made 3 trips to the Big Island. None were really "vacations" because it's hard work to look for property. All the drive-bys we looked at were eventually crossed off the list. Back on the mainland, I found a FSBO on craigslist that sounded perfect, flew over, and bought it. The trips over were expensive - we stopped going together but rather one or the other would go - but we got a great, inexpensive fixer house on beautiful land. I've not had even a moment of regret. Rather, as I said before, I love it here. It's magical and unique, as well as diverse, scary at times, and hard work to keep house & land alive and well.