Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Mayall-Honoka'a-Friday, Nov19
The IRS tried to destroy him as they did Jerry Lee Lewis and Ernest Tubb, one of the finest human beings who ever lived. I think it's what killed ET. These men and others like them are national treasures and should be treated as such. I can tell you from first-hand personal knowledge that Ernest was very innocent. He wanted to retire from the road, but the debt he faced forced him to keep working his almost inhuman schedule. No love here for a nation that treats its corporate giants and wall street bimbos like gold and lets its artists rot.
Ray Price was busted some years back by Texas troopers entering his home and finding his stash of weed. To his credit, the judge threw out the case and told the troopers to leave this great man in peace.
Willie once bragged about getting high on the roof of the White House while Carter was president. I really do have some personal stories about the Carter family and staff but choose to err on the side of caution when it comes to putting them in print. I can tell you that he and his family were awesome. One of the nicest and finer men who ever walked our planet.
I admire Jimmy Carter a lot.He is a man that does a huge amount of good deeds for others without tooting his own horn all the time.A true humanitarian.Wish we had more like him. He had some tough times as President, but his honesty and intentions were never in doubt.And he never embarrased the presidency as other, more recent ones did.Well-except a little bit concerning brother, Billy I guess.

Jon in Puyallup, Wa.
Jon in Keaau/HPP
see you at the show
quote:
Originally posted by Bullwinkle

see you at the show

How was the show?
I stumbled across this thread and it brought back memories of seeing John Mayall at the West High School auditorium in Anchorage back in the early 70's. Great time, great music.