Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keaau Christmas Parade
Well, I don't think cookies would survive the trip from Alaska.

HOWEVER, if I bring little treats from the 49th state, can I just leave them with you to give everyone a taste?

I was thinking some reindeer sausage, or smoked salmon or some such little treaties. Smile

OR if you would prefer, I would be happy to chip in money wise to anyone who wants to make an extra batch or two of cookies!

I'm excited to meet people. Smile (shhhh could you tell?)

Dayna

www.AvianNation.com
Dayna Robertson
At Home Hawaii
Real Estate Sales and Property Management
RS-85517
Dayna.JustListedInHawaii.com
Dayna.Robertson@gmail.com
Reindeer sausage is good. Really good. The idea of eating Rudolph, Donner, Blitzen, etc., doesn't bother me at all. Bring reindeer sausage.
Oh, bring the "special" treats by all means!! And I'll let you serve it out to people so they know what it is. That way you'll have a chance to get to know everybody!

Royall

Hale O Na Mea Pa`ani

I have heard that the entry deadline for the parade has been extended! Not forever, but if you want to put an entry in, apparently there is still time.
I have to contemplate this...I love to cook...though cookies not so much. I don't particularly care for parades...not a crowd kind of person but love ALL things Christmas and according to the info at the site the theme this year is Merry Christmas Melodies. Now CHRISTMAS MUSIC is what I DO LOVE...::::::::::::tapping fingers on table:::::::::::: I do have to think about this. I may actually break with my own idiosyncratic preclusion --all mentioned above -- and use the opportunity to 'share' drive me to the event and launch the official yule tide magic.

Anything with PNut Butter is out ... at what may be $12 a jar it will rival pure choc and pure vanilla as costly ingredients.

Question Authority!
"Q might have done the right thing for the wrong reason, perhaps we need a good kick in our complacency to get us ready for what's ahead" -- Captain Picard, to Guinan (Q Who?)
Anyone have extra fruitcake they want to pawn off on the public? I am willing to eat it. [Big Grin] Peggy
Peace and long life
I won't know until I ask. How is Keaau pronounced? I've been working very very hard on my Hawaiian pronunciations.

is it Kay (like in Katie) Ow (as in owie)?

Dayna

www.AvianNation.com
Dayna Robertson
At Home Hawaii
Real Estate Sales and Property Management
RS-85517
Dayna.JustListedInHawaii.com
Dayna.Robertson@gmail.com
quote:
Originally posted by dayna

I won't know until I ask. How is Keaau pronounced? I've been working very very hard on my Hawaiian pronunciations.

is it Kay (like in Katie) Ow (as in owie)?

Dayna

www.AvianNation.com

You'll see Keaau spelled two ways (Keaau and Kea'au) and hear it pronounced two ways (kay-OW and kay-a-OW). The " `okina " (apostrophe-like symbol) in the second spelling calls for a little pause/catch in your throat, like you'd do when saying ut-oh.

Although I'm no expert, I think the latter spelling and pronunciation are the more proper ones, but the former spelling and pronunciation are more common, even among locals. Others with more standing may have a better opinion, however...
Hey, just bringing this forward as we're only a week away!![Smile] I do hope there is a good turn out for the 3rd annual Cookie Exchange at the parade.[:p] I'm planing on having 3 pop-ups along the street to keep us dry if it rains[:0][V] and 2 or 3 over the tables that the cookies and hot coco to be served from.[:p]I'll have my generator there to power up Christmas lights to be festive and to be able to see the cookies that we'll be enjoying![Big Grin]

By the way, if you would like to help offset the cost of the milk, coco, and cups, with donations, just let me know. This is NOT a low fat/no sugar party LOL!! If you have dietary concerns you'll have to plan for that or bring plenty meds!!

Call me at 982-8950 for further information or to donate stuff!

Royall

Hale O Na Mea Pa`ani

Aloha Friend Royall! We are planning on being there with our daughter Gena and her girlfriend Aurora...cookies in hand, of course. Haven't seen the parades for a couple of years now and we are looking forward to it. We will bring another pop-up!!

Mele Kalikimaka guys!!

Carrie
Carrie Rojo

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future..." Galadriel LOTR