Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potential restrictions to Mauna Kea access
Wow, What a Drama this is turning out to be.

What!... I mean the TMT !
One Thing I can always be sure of is that things will never go as expected.
Fine, dakine, you ACT as if you dislike me. Condescending and rude. I will just ignore it. And that's enough of that; very off-topic.

kimo wires I was surprised the TMT turned out to be such a drama...but live and learn. [Smile]

Pam in CA
Pam in CA
Uh...Sarcasm.

I was referring to this thread.

I don't get emotionally involved with whatever people say on P.W.

Lots of people online act rude and offensive.

I liken it to driving a car on the Hwy.

It has some sense of anonymity and for some reason people don't act the same as they do in person.

People quote me all the time and say rude things, Put out the bait, but I don't bite.

I refuse to let it bug me...But I guess that's just me. I've always been hard headed.
One Thing I can always be sure of is that things will never go as expected.
quote:
Originally posted by gypsy69

PTed, my part of feinting. I do appreciate you trying to straiten out the confusion surrounding the wekiu bugs existence. Hard to imagine a flightless bug like the wekiu just FLEW to other cones when they were disturbed by the current OBSERVATORIES practices. The wekiu bug may be in a dire situation due to the disruption of their environment, so they may be displaced and trying to live in other places(under rocks)now that the astronomers have moved in?.
The TMT has these giant lenses that need protection from the harsh environment atop maunakea, so they want to build a 180 foot high dome to protect this non-living technology from the often damaging high winds. The wekiu bug that was apparently thriving atop maunakea before this TMT project(removed from the possible endangered list in 2011), now must fend for itself looking for new cover from the harsh climate( possibly under the sacred rocks now).
Sure wish rules or laws were put in place to protect maunakeas fragile or rare environment. That way these scopes would have to build around these cones(home to the wekiu bug) they would have to not change the landscape as much. Maybe even have rules or laws that would have these telescope corporations return the used or abused aina back to its original state. If the telescopes can't tend to their leased aina as they preach or promise then don't mislead the public please.

I understood the hippies when they wanted to save the whales but a bug? C'mon man. Forget the bugs. Forget PW. Please.
The wekiu bug is currently flourishing on Mauna Kea. I have posted this before on PW with the link to the scientific work. It's only those with an agenda that can't be supported by recent scientific results that continue to lie about the bug being threatened.
dakine,

"I do think Tommy should apologize for his callous insensitiveness. I am sure if one of his co-workers were to carry on as he does he'd be all over 'em whining about their childish outburst."

If a colleague, co-worker or friend of mine had made a threat of violence, I'd be down on them like a ton of bricks. You wanted me to do that months ago for some posts that don't come from any members of that group which made no threats of violence, yet you seem quite happy to 1) support and proliferate lies about observatory funding and 2) support threats of violence from gypsy. As I said, your double standards are astonishing.

And what's with the Tommy stuff? That's just pathetic, childish and disrespectful. Grow up.

Kimo - I get what you are saying, but the current situation is affecting people's personal and work life, and much of the misinformation posted here by a few people just helps make the situation worse. I'm sure they get a kick out of it, but sometimes you just have to point out how dishonest they are.
Tom,
I'm very sorry to see you forced to play the "aging cat" card in this discussion. I was wondering though; as a man of science, have you tried giving the animal a colonoscopy? The procedure worked wonders for my boopsie, and was easy to perform with one of the new mini go-pro cameras and a selfie stick.

"Tom,
I'm very sorry to see you forced to play the "aging cat" card in this discussion. I was wondering though; as a man of science, have you tried giving the animal a colonoscopy? The procedure worked wonders for my boopsie, and was easy to perform with one of the new mini go-pro cameras and a selfie stick."

snorkel, you came back to post _that_?

Well, when the folks start talking about disrespect we'll have your post to settle all debate...a new low.

Kirt
quote:
Originally posted by snorkle

Tom,
I'm very sorry to see you forced to play the "aging cat" card in this discussion. I was wondering though; as a man of science, have you tried giving the animal a colonoscopy? The procedure worked wonders for my boopsie, and was easy to perform with one of the new mini go-pro cameras and a selfie stick.

do NOT feed this troll. nothing to see here. move along
(this is gypsys wife) i just want to thank snorkle for a real good laugh today. You are funny.