Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HPP road maintainence
The thing that "gets" to me is that we shouldn't have to put in a "request" to get our roads worked on! Do they "request" that we pay our road fees?
The roads were never great here but they were regularly grated and materials were added on the whole road (not just potholes)
Now-a-days nothing gets done and we're still expected to pay. If you don't pay, they put a lien on your land.
I don't want to go into the office and "request" roadwork. Seems to me that should be automatic. We pay, they work on roads.
Our payment IS a request for roadwork!

quote:
Originally posted by Kenney

The thing that "gets" to me is that we shouldn't have to put in a "request" to get our roads worked on! Do they "request" that we pay our road fees?
The roads were never great here but they were regularly grated and materials were added on the whole road (not just potholes)
Now-a-days nothing gets done and we're still expected to pay. If you don't pay, they put a lien on your land.
I don't want to go into the office and "request" roadwork. Seems to me that should be automatic. We pay, they work on roads.

For the amount of money they receive it should be automatic.on a rotation. Start at the worst side. Work through the subdivision.. rinse.. repeat. There should be work going on all the time somewhere.
If what JG-HPP says is true, that the new grader is here, then something does not add up. The GM just got the approval to purchase the grader at the Dec. 16th board meeting, I would not think that that allows enough time to go through with the purchase, make arrangements for shipping, the arduous trip by ship, the barging to Hilo and pick up and delivery to HPP.

If it is here, then that is possibly a violation of our bylaws and a poke to the eye of the board with a sharp stick (unless the board was in on the charade vote of approval), besides the already mentioned violation of bypassing the Finance Committee.

If it is here, then doesn't that mean that the Gm and his handler had already bought and shipped the grader before they received permission from the board. Although, I may be wrong in my understanding on how long it takes to accomplish a task like this.

If some one can verify this news one way or the other, please post it here.
something does not add up

Even I cannot muster enough snark to respond properly. Anyone?
Even I cannot muster enough snark to respond properly. Anyone?

It used to roll off the tip of the tongue 5 or 10 pages back.
But now, it's just hard work.

"Only fear real things, such as minds full of delusions." -Last Aphorisms
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
When was the purchase of the grader voted on exactly. seems it got here awfully fast. Did the finance committee get to research the best avenue to go? Were several graders looked at and the best one chosen?We don't know because the finance committee has been left out. we have no idea if this was the best piece of equipment available and at the best price. Was the price even negotiated. Wouldn't we all love to see how this all transpired. But we won't. The ones on the throne have no use for it's subjects. Next we will hear that the grader is broken and we need to spend beaucoup bucks to fix it. All the roads need work. It will take the better part of this year just to get them decent. You are right Kenney, we pay for road maintenance and should never have to beg or even get on a list to get our road maintained. That is the board and the crew's only job.
But now, it's just hard work.

The "roads problem" is just tiring...
saw a new looking grader today on 26th and paradise and it looks like they are getting ready to chip seal that street as the water truck was wetting the road too.
quote:
Originally posted by alaskyn66

quote:
Originally posted by Kenney

For the amount of money they receive it should be automatic.on a rotation. Start at the worst side. Work through the subdivision.. rinse.. repeat. There should be work going on all the time somewhere.

It used to be that way for many years until Dist reps 5, 2, 6 and GM (Gang of 4) started their relentless push to get all the dirt roads chip sealed IN A BIG HURRY. Is someone/s going somewhere? Or are they afraid another board will stop it? Does someone have something to lose if the chip seal project is stopped? Is that why they are so retaliatory towards anyone that asks too many questions or gets in their way? We have a right to ask questions about our $$$$$...especially since they haven't given us any financial reports for a whole yr now and haven't been forthcoming w/financial info on chip seal. What have they been up to w/OUR $$$$?

The chip seal project and the non transparency of OUR monies are tied together....

Chip seal should've been handled as a capital improvement project, budgeting $ over the course of time IF the membership voted for it. It appears that would take too long for someone on the board. Why?

Any "ethical law abiding board" would want to quell members' concerns with OUR $$$...but NO, they clutch the purse even tighter.

The new treasurer is behaving as expected, and cancelled last wk's FC mtg and postponed it until March. Let's further delay what members on the FC may find, right? What the heck is going on!??? Figure it out folks...something stinks.

Are they using that same ole excuse with each newbie rep justifying non transparency w/OUR $$$ bc of "hostile witnesses" to the lawsuit? If there's nothing to hide there'd be NO CONCERN. It's a ridiculous excuse, deflection, deception..and seems to work on convincing newbie reps every year to do what they're told.

I'll reiterate: Did the membership say it was ok to stop road and easement maint, divert OUR $ so they can proceed on a massive scale to chip seal? NO. Does the board have the right to make that decision? NO. The membership voted at the Oct 2015 membership mtg to have the right to vote on this decision and the board overturned the acts of the membership. They knew it would be a no go after we heard their reckless plan, so they cut us out of that decision. Shame on them.

The intent of our bylaws states that the membership is to be involved in decisions that involves our $. Hence the formation of a Finance Committee every June. Remember when surveys would go out to see what WE wanted? Those boards knew that 9 volunteers w/no accountability should make these kinds of decisions alone.

When decisions impacting the whole park on a grand scale are made, the membership is to be involved.

Chip seal will change this park forever. That's why it should be the membership's choice. Will they pay back the membership when the chip seal fails? ($70,000+ per mile) Absolutely not.

As someone posted earlier, it's up to US to put a stop to this madness.

Kapoho Joe, my post on HOVE was to anyone reading this thread. I see you get that climate makes a difference on chip seal. And as someone else pointed out, so does prof'l application of it by prof'ls. I'm curious...can you tell us more details on HOVE? Maybe it'd be a good idea to get a hold of their bylaws and also see how they enforce them.
quote:
Originally posted by mermaid53

[quote]Originally posted by alaskyn66

[quote]Originally posted by Kenney

Kapoho Joe, my post on HOVE was to anyone reading this thread. I see you get that climate makes a difference on chip seal. And as someone else pointed out, so does prof'l application of it by prof'ls. I'm curious...can you tell us more details on HOVE? Maybe it'd be a good idea to get a hold of their bylaws and also see how they enforce them.

Go here...

http://www.hoveroad.com/Articles%20and%2...121016.pdf