Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another HPP rip off
I'm actually going back to HPP. Since I'm of of those who never sleep at night, and look at every car going down my road day or night. Most of my neighbors should be able to rest better on my end of the street. Notice I say most,..my dogs do tend to bark alright. They pretty much will bark at anything too. Which means if a Gecko is running across the garage ceiling, and if I'm not home...there will be barking!? I refuse to punish my dogs for barking,but that's another thread.

-----------

Support the 'Jack Herer Initiative'NOW!!
-----------

10 busted
http://bigislandnow.com/2012/09/19/polic...arrest-10/

http://www.icompositions.com/artists/jlgerk
This crime spree is continual and increasing in intensity. Today, a young lady sitting in her car at the Kona community hospital faced a gun held by a criminal demanding her purse. I am beginning to think the common statement we hear anymore, "it's not if, but when" each of us becomes a victim of crime.
He who hoots with owls at night cannot soar with the eagles in the morning.
Doberman!!! Or two, or four. I'll bring some for you all. Their my hobby.
quote:
Originally posted by otter

Doberman!!! Or two, or four. I'll bring some for you all. Their my hobby.

I've always liked the chocolate Dobie. But on a whole you just don't see much Dobermans here in the islands much and there has got to be a reason for that too?

No, I think people should take a good look at 'Pit Bulls'. Don't go on the all the nonsense you hear about 'Pit Bulls'. Most of it ,if not all of it has been fabricated.

If you look up the history of 'Pit Bulls' you notice that they were actually babysitters for children around the turn of the century. They have gotten a bad rap because some owners are idiots.

I'm sorry ,but bark alone will not always turn away possible burglars from your place. Especially if it's a small dog bark!? How is a small dog bark gonna scare anybody?

Dobies are okay, but they don't make the hair stand up on thieves when they are spotted. But 'Pit Bulls' & 'Rhodesian Ridgebacks', and Rottweilers are the dogs of choice here in Hawaii for Home protection.

I know of several cases were people(kids roaming neighborhood) thought twice upon seeing my Pit Bulls up and barking!

-----------

-----------

Why aren't their many dobes their?remember magnum pi Zuse & Apollo were Higgins dogs. Big black & rust boys. Pit bulls were made for fighting. Rots are yard dogs. Dono much about ridge backs but they look cool. Dobermans are named for louis Doberman a german tax collector in the 1800's who also ran the local pound. He needed a body guard. So he made one. A very good one. All dogs are cool & have different uses and talents some cross lines when it comes to guarding your family most will stand in the way if intruder. But if I wanted to fight dogs I get a pit bull. If I had a junk yard I have a rot or mastif. I like my body guard. The gun didn't do me any good when someone broke in. I was sleeping . But when that guy met the dog he broke the screen door on the way out. That's the longest thing I've ever wrote on puna web. I usually just like to read.
quote:
Originally posted by otter

Why aren't their many dobes their?remember magnum pi Zuse & Apollo were Higgins dogs. Big black & rust boys. Pit bulls were made for fighting. Rots are yard dogs. Dono much about ridge backs but they look cool. Dobermans are named for louis Doberman a german tax collector in the 1800's who also ran the local pound. He needed a body guard. So he made one. A very good one. All dogs are cool & have different uses and talents some cross lines when it comes to guarding your family most will stand in the way if intruder. But if I wanted to fight dogs I get a pit bull. If I had a junk yard I have a rot or mastif. I like my body guard. The gun didn't do me any good when someone broke in. I was sleeping . But when that guy met the dog he broke the screen door on the way out. That's the longest thing I've ever wrote on puna web. I usually just like to read.

Get some bear traps and a bear suit
quote:
Originally posted by jlgerk

10 busted
Bummer these are mostly Kona-side. I'd like to see the local cops this side have a little butt kicking session. That'd be new and refreshing.

-- rainshadow
-- rainshadow
I would put my vote in for Heelers as they make great dogs, however they aren't the best guard dogs. The best guard dogs as I posted before are the Caucasian mountain dogs, they were bred for bear hunting. No one is going to rob you when you have a 200 pound bear hunting dog.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WLJRhEB3vQ

“Setting a good example is a far better way to spread ideals than through force of arms.”
-Ron Paul
quote:
Originally posted by rainshadow

quote:
Originally posted by jlgerk

10 busted
Bummer these are mostly Kona-side. I'd like to see the local cops this side have a little butt kicking session. That'd be new and refreshing.

-- rainshadow

Follow the money trail...