Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HPP Special Assessment Proposal
I hope a lot of folks show up at the board meeting and bring their ideas forward to solve the dust problem. It has been an item of discontent for at least the last 20 years (since I've been here) and lawsuits have been threatened many times before. If the state levies fines to HPP then that will take money away from the corporation that could be used for paving. I can understand the pressure the board is under and maybe a better solution could be found but to blame the current board for a long standing problem will not help.
Solutions are needed. Bring yours.
kind regards,
John

John
John
Yeah, it'll be a mandatory (with 3% property owner YES vote) lottery with a $2500 ticket per lot and 1:10,000,000,000 odds your street will actually get paved. Odds just like Powerball and like the last HPP road paving bond/lottery/fiasco!! Wake up people! The only people that like this kind of lottery are the people that oversee the project and get paid by the proceeds! As we live in Hawaii, the paving crew will have at least least 25 guys standing around watching the paving machine to be sure it's JUST RIGHT!
I live on 24th. Several weeks ago we got paved. I saw no wasted efforts. They did a fine and timely job. Don't ask me why we were so lucky to get paved, but, I assure you, the folks on this street are out and about MUCH more because of it. Nice to see the kids enjoying their bikes etc.

http://www.icompositions.com/artists/jlgerk
I don't live in HPP but I agree with jlgerk.

Having paved roads will transform your neighborhood.I didn't realize we had so many kids until our roads were paved.We also have more people walking and riding bikes !!

You people in HPP need to start thinking out of your anti everything obstructionist box.

Bring your main roads up to a standard that the county will accept and then deed them to the county.For that you will get county maintenance,bus service and much more.
IT'S NOT ABOUT NOT GETTING ROADS PAVED
IT'S ABOUT $44,000,000
IT'S ABOUT SOMEONE TAKEING A 24 MILLION DOLAR MORTGAGE ON MY HOUSE WITHOUT MY PERMISSION
quote:
Originally posted by Seeb

IT'S NOT ABOUT NOT GETTING ROADS PAVED
IT'S ABOUT $44,000,000
IT'S ABOUT SOMEONE TAKEING A 24 MILLION DOLAR MORTGAGE ON MY HOUSE WITHOUT MY PERMISSION

Seeb: Maybe if you are forced to pay $2500/lot by 3% of the constituency Obie will ride a bus over and visit you at your house and tell you how you can donate all the roads you paid for to the county at no charge (not like it is any of his business). Obie will look out on your new paved road and watch the kids ride up and down your transformed street and a smile will come on his face.
quote:
You people in HPP need to start thinking out of your anti everything obstructionist box.
Thanks for labeling everyone in HPP as an anti-everything, Obie. Do you have any more generalizations to make?

Tom
http://apacificview.blogspot.com/
Sorry Tom

It just seems like every time a subject about HPP comes up on Punaweb,a majority is always against whatever is posted.

$2500.00 seems like a very good price to just get it done.My neighborhood in Vacationland had chip and sealed roads when I first bought my house.They were in really bad condition and very noisy when cars drove by.My granddaughter was afraid to ride her bike because of the loose gravel.

After all of the roads were repaved it transformed the neighborhood.Cars pass by my house now and you can't even hear them.There always kids and adults biking and walking.One neighbor scoots around on a skateboard being pulled by his dog.

All of us in Vacationland are right now faced with an assessment similar to HPP and this is to just repave the portion of our road that is used by the public as a parking lot at the tide-pools.
If we were like HPP we would probably demand that the public stay out.
Obie,

No need to apologise. We have different opinions and experiences and I do understand why people think people here are anti everything (I don't limit that to HPP).

I live at the end of a small dead-end street where paving the road will have no benefit to any of us. It's why I chose to live here. If I'm told to pay $500 a year on top of the fee I already pay I may want to find another place to live.

Tom
http://apacificview.blogspot.com/
i am not sure where people are getting the idea that you can just "give, deed, whatever" a road to the county. my neighborhood has always had paved roads and the developer tried it. the county did take 2 roads but did not want any of the smaller less traveled roads. even though this developer had alot of connections. these roads have slowly gone bad when the county put speed bumps on their 2 roads, everyone detours through the smaller roads and our maintance fees dont seem to be enough to keep them in repair. they also tried to give them the land that was designated for a community park and the county would not take that either... the county realizes the costs of maintance is so high that they do seem to decline all the "gifts".