Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Want Meat after Nine
Had the Prime rib at Kaleo's last night was pretty good.
I've since tried the steak at Cronies, which has the virtue of being open late. It's so dark on the outside you can't really tell. Friendly staff. Thanks for the tip. One of the steaks was a 20 oz behemoth. I might be more of a salad guy come to think of it.

Anybody tried "Voodoo's" yet, which I guess really isn't a restaurant but is a menu in the Hilo Bay Tavern?

Voodoos is a restaurant, within the tavern (odd, tavern waitstaff only deals with drinks & Voodoos only with the food...sometimes not even bothering to tell one that you would like to order from the other...but this was a first week observation...hopefully to smooth out quickly..)

We had jabalaya & crabcakes.... would not say either were of remarkable quality... cakes were a tad bit too greasy for us to get wowed by, and the jabalaya was tame... that same weekend we tried the fare at the new Japanese restaurant nearby where Bueno Burrito & Subway used to be...again, not wowed.. and both restaurants were a tad high $ for not wowing us with their food (goodness knows the décor of either is not a wow factor for higher than standard costs here!)
Meat after nine is
Sometimes hard to find but here
A haiku for you