Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ali`i Ice was Vandalized & is Shut down
We know John personally, a long time family friend.
He is at wits end,he may be the only ice making facility on east side of island but the profits are a penny or less on the dollar.
He recently upgraded to a more energy efficient system from a business loan putting him years into debt,for the good of this island.
This has set him back 20 years of extreme hard work and diligence so for those who think negatively about his choice,have some heart and be pono for his personal setback.
His donations to the less fortunate on this island are from pure love and plenty aloha.
He is doing what he feels right.

Life is a blessing.

National Guard should commandeer the ice facility, make whatever repairs are needed, and deliver the ice until this is all over.
quote:
Originally posted by bluesboy

So I'm a heartless person because I commented in a clever way that what happened was bad?

Chill out

Grow up!

mella l

Art and Science Our Future

bytheSEA
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
Lavalava, It does seem like something was taken/destroyed that does not make that possible...but this is just my impression from heresay....

The owner had been working & supplying ice at no cost (and has done this for...like ever... for many organizations, grooups & needs), so it is not like this is a profiteering type thing

As for the joking, although we were blessed in this, we have been working hard hauling ice to area of need, supplying for the needs of many others & making ice blocks, & sore & dead tired at the end of the day... and the simple puns do ease some of the "What the" we are seeing...

I do hope all of us can see the good intentions and not take simple puns as anything more...

I also hope all of us that saw the triple rainbow this morning as a blessing of beauty in this devastation.
Sounds like the caught the guy. Maybe they should put him out on public display.
Put him out on a dunk plank like at the fair, only ice water and some ankle weights, hands tied. He could still tread water. Buck a throw to raise repair and relief money.

Community begins with Aloha
Lol! I was thinking just so everyone could give him a piece of their mind (since I'm not violent) BUT I like your idea much better Tink!!!
Bring back the stocks! The Papaya farmers can donate spoiled fruit...
Just in my sick and twisted side of my mind I thought "you want ice? I'll give you ice!!" Drop a twenty and serve a good fastball, and take your time haulin' him up for another! Penance is then served after a few hundred more pitches from the frustrated mob. I think we would run out of papaya between the "missed" pitches, but the ice water would wash it off.

Community begins with Aloha
http://hawaiitribune-herald.com/news/loc...-vandalism

So before the Alii Ice vandalism/burglary was even discovered, he was arrested in the area for breaking into cars; as a result of which he missed a court date the next morning on robbery charges. What an upstanding citizen!