Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Propane Rip Off
PauHana I believe there could be a business opportunity. Companies make money delivering and swapping out bottles of water...why not propane tanks?
Oink...who has offered the best prices in your experience thus far?
Best prices for??? Delivered propane??? Go get it yourself???
Delivery costs extra. If you have large tanks, you don't have many options here.
You can get several smaller tanks (10 gallon? or so?) and pigtail them together so they all drain equally, then keep a small tank as an emergency backup.

The experience I was relating was not Hawaii. It was primarily Fla and was used to make the point that bulk delivery should be cheaper than 5 gal refills and that competition was the likely reason. It is my experience that, other than Hawaii and trailer homes, the small cans are used primarily for BBQs. If you're interested specifically in my S. Fla price experience I can share that. I will say that the more locally based distributors seem to be normally cheaper, as compared to the larger companies like FerrellGas, which supposedly has a Hawaii presence.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
quote:
Originally posted by turtletribe

PauHana I believe there could be a business opportunity. Companies make money delivering and swapping out bottles of water...why not propane tanks?

Water puts out fires, propane starts them. I imagine the they are in two different regulatory worlds.