Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Home Invasion on 25th HPP Right Now
It's true, the weed dealer gets 25 years in jail when the "home invasion" guy gets 5-9. Many more people are injured from these burglaries than any pot dealer could ever do harm to. It's such a twisted system. I'd much rather live next to a pot dealer than a home invader.
Lock n Load, nuff said. JMHO
You have valid arguments in terms of judges and sentences being off, I actually couldn't agree more.

The burglaries still remains though, so what do you think you have a better chance of....

1- Arming your house and getting a dog.
or
2- Changing legislation and getting police to cooperate.

And even if you could, which you think someone who is so poor they need to steal fears more....

1- Going to jail for free room and board.
or
2- Getting shot in the face.

From the police report, it doesn't appear the victim had much time to do anything by the time he realized there were burglars in his house:

"A 66-year-old man reportedly woke up to find two unidentified men in his bedroom."
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
If people were actually worried about " getting shot in the face".. they prolly wouldnt be breaking into houses in the mddle of the night.

When in Rome.. Do as the Romans do....
They don't have to worry when most of the populous refuses to defend themselves. Im not necessarily saying every 66 year old should have a gun, but in this case, a dog would have woke him before the robbers did, don't ya think ?
The laws on the books in Hawaii for violent crimes are actually pretty sound, but the Big Island judges do not hand down the sentences the laws empower them to. Think about how often someone is arrested for a violent act and the paper reports the long string of similar acts they have perpetrated in the recent past. If the same bad guy was in jail serving a long term for their first or second offense they would not have the opportunity to victimize additional people. All a criminal seems to need to do to get a light sentence is have their mom and a few aunties show up in court and cry about how he is just a poor misunderstood boy who never would hurt a fly.

Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
Oneself -
I have a dog, and I guarantee she wouldn't wake me if someone broke in. She slept straight through Iselle.
As with most things, sometimes the plan works, sometimes it doesn't.

Also, not everyone can have a dog. Some people are allergic to them, some can't afford the vet bills and food costs if they're on a fixed income, or even the higher home insurance insurance premiums because "your 8 pound dog might injure a visitor." (Yes, my homeowners policy was increased due to the high risk of a 8 pound dog attacking someone)

"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans."
-John Lennon
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
I am sorry you didn't train your dog, I am assuming its not to guard the house.
She's trained. She's 15 years old and has lost most of her hearing. Assumptions can often lead you down the wrong trail.