Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super Bowl (Hawaii related)
TomK, you're being a silly mid on.
PaulW, I think TomK makes a good point about the change in play after the third tea break. The Seahawks had control of the game, when afterward the momentum shifted. What did Coach Carroll serve his team, Darjeeling? Oolong? Bad biscuits? Or heaven forbid, crumpets in the midst of an athletic competition?
Did the third quarter tea service give Marshawn Lynch (the running back) cramps, forcing Coach Carroll to call a passing play on the one yard line late in the 4th quarter when it was clearly a running down?

I'm just glad all this talk about the Patriots not having the balls suitable to win the championship has finally come to a close. I believe in the end they proved their detractors wrong, and in my opinion much to much time was spent in the press dwelling on a incident that should have remained a personal matter.

Thanks punafish, edited to correct coaches name. As a Packer fan, the last game of the year I really followed was weeks ago. But we still can't talk about that. I know they gave out a Lombardi Trophy for this game. Got that right!
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Wow, that was Coach Parcells? He looked just like Pete Carroll!
Tim

A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions--Confucius
quote:
Originally posted by HereOnThePrimalEdge

As a Packer fan, the last game of the year I really followed was weeks ago. But we still can't talk about that.[/size=1]

I'm convinced that some sort of karma-correction took place. Seattle won the NFC Championship game they seemed sure to lose; ergo Seattle had to lose a game that they were surely about to win. Oh, Puna content...um...hey, I hear Michael Hoomanawanui's parents are Hawaiian!
Sure. Beastmode. Right up the gut. Touchdown, superbowl.

Sure.

But Bevell....and Caroll saw different. They saw a cute slant and considered all the following possibilities...

TD
Incomplete pass, clock stop. Two more plays to go.

Never in this did they think interception. That was just not part of the mindset Seattle had developed. There was not way that Russell Wilson was to throw a pick right? The football gods had other plans.

Not to worry. Seattle will be back in the mix next year.
Paul, you make a silly point.
I'm going to go bowl a maiden over.
Speaking of the Champions League, do you know what the most-watched annual sporting event in the world is?
Don't know, but am going to guess it's the FA Cup.
Maybe 30 years ago. It's the CL Final but try telling the Super Hyper Bowl commentators that.

Drifting too far away from Hawaii....