Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawaiian acres roads/community association
Our property is in Eden Roc and the road maintenance issue is similar

Start your own topic thread, then.

a private licensed management company

Private road maintenance company, free to operate wherever they are paid to do so.

22% + is going to administrative costs

Not to mention the dedicated 10% for Roads 1+8 (of which 8 should be County-maintained per the terms of their Easement) despite the complete lack of maintenance thereof.

spewing the same half informed off the wall crap

No, the roads really do have huge craters in them, unless of course that road goes to a HARC board member.

complete transparency for all financial operations

Not only don't these numbers add up, they demonstrate outright violation of the rules that apply to nonprofits. The even bigger problem is: per these "statements", there simply IS NOT ENOUGH MONEY to actually maintain much of anything.
We have several questions Mr Wells.
1) We are in escrow currently on one of our H.A. properties.
The escrow company says we the sellers MUST pay $60.00 road fee and the $12.50 title transfer fee to H.A.R.C. in addition the buyer MUST also pay the same fee's ( TAX ) to H.A.R.C. .
2) In the escrow phase,we must also pay H.A.C.A. $ 30.00 and the $12.50 title transfer fee ( TAX ) and so do our buyers.
3) The total is $145.00 to H.A.R.C. and $85.00 to H.A.C.A.
4 ) We are refusing to pay these added fee's as no where in the accounting that is posted online do these monies show up .
5) We would like to know what is the current legal requirements of the non mandatory fee structure to both organizations and why we as sellers and our buyers MUST pay these fee's in order to close our escrow.
6) Does the monies generated go to each road as is mandated by the charter and bylaws of both organizations ?
7) As of 2014 - a total of 67 lots sold or transferred title in H.A.
8) Can you please show us Mr.Wells in your accounting the exact lines we must be not seeing correctly or are missing as to this hidden lump of fee transfer monies .
We do not have Face Book - Mr.Wells.
Mrs.Mimosa
current legal requirements of the non mandatory fee structure

HACA/HARC will be unable to produce any legally binding agreement requiring that these fees be paid.
If this is true,then we can not close escrow and both H.A.R.C. and H.A.C.A. need to repay each and every person that have paid these fee's to each organization.
We await to hear from Mr.Wells himself here in this forum as to our simple questions.
Mrs.Mimosa
quote:
Originally posted by kalakoa

Our property is in Eden Roc and the road maintenance issue is similar

Start your own topic thread, then.

No, I'm quite happy posting in this thread, thanks.

Just call me Mike
Me ka ha`aha`a,
Mike
No, I'm quite happy posting in this thread, thanks.

Well, then ... if one thread is sufficient, perhaps we can all get behind one class action lawsuit?
No need any law suits - just honest an open transparent books an accounting for any one to access.
What's wrong with the latest one ?

http://www.hawaiianacres.org/om/finrepfi...uditor.pdf

http://www.hawaiianacresroads.org/wp-con...5-2014.pdf
What's wrong with the latest one ?

(34893 - 11669) / 74 = about $300 per mile available for maintenance.

Unless it's "lettered only", then you get

(34893 - 11669) / 21 = about $1100 per mile available for maintenance.

Which should cover at least one load of rock; I'm seeing more like zero.
escrow company says we the sellers MUST pay $60.00 road fee and the $12.50 title transfer fee

Don't forget to also sue the escrow company if it turns out they took someone's word for the required fees instead of actually checking for a CC&R or other legally binding deed restriction.