Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawaiian Acres Issues
quote:
Originally posted by Mimosa

We feel that when mailing to out of country addresses,especially on such important issues as a ballet for voting board members in to office or any amendment votes - that 120 days would be much more equitable .
In addition , it should be printed in BOLD lettering , that the non profit status is NOT a deduction on ones personal taxes .
We have a question - who on this thread is a HACA or HARC board member ?
Were you voted in by the paid members ?
We also feel that to get more paying members,it should be that every lot owner be allowed to have a say in any and all amendment changes . This will facilitate more community input and yearly donations to both organizations .
If the paid members now are less than 300 to each organization and there are 4000 lot owners ,this means less than 1 percent are making important changes for every lot owner .

I think you mean less than 10%, to be 1% 40 out of 4000 lot owners would pay their dues.

Karaoke night was pretty well attended yesterday, and people brought good snacks! Smile

I'm looking forward to more events at the center, and hopefully getting some community projects off the ground. A local farmers market will also be nice.
quote:
Originally posted by wolverine2

hey girl , I feel you on this matter , im thrilled that we have a positive thread to communicate and share laughs and news , I have asked some people to refrain from dragging their trash onto the thread , as we all can see through her façade and we all know her style , sooooo hopefully she will just stick to her own thread . and as for an apology and her taking responsibility , well I have a dollar that says you will never get either one ,, ITS JUST NOT IN HER NATURE

Mahalo for your support! I am not holding my breath for any apologies! I do feel vindicated after all these years and just want the Center and HARC to continue good works. So many wonderful folks live out here and deserve the community association to provide for the center and for HARC to work on the roads!
quote:
Originally posted by justthefacts

laurie those numbers are what you use to print out on your paperwork . somehow HACA managed to put big money into a savings money market account and HARC had money carried over from year to year that was not spent. I could not create a hostile work environment because I did not work there you did for 10 years alone except when you hired your daughter and friend. I did not bully anyone I was not around to do that , I did not work in the office. one thing is for sure I do not regret asking the prosecutor to the meeting , the man who said " you need an audit" and then you resigned . I was also very grateful to the university that attempted the audit for meeting with me and explaining what they were able to find before walking away.

Big money put aside by HACA? 30K kept as asset for a non-profit that relies on $30/yr non-mandatory dues is very appropriate. That is not big money. That is a prudent reserve fund for an organization that has a community center building and grounds. HARC sometimes had money from one year designated for projects yet still in the bank waiting for the project. Not a problem. I do not need to defend my excellent services. My resignation after 10 years on the job had nothing to do with the meeting attended by Mitch Roth. That meeting was a full 5 months before I left and all records were in auditable shape the night of the meeting and months later. I have said this all before. There has never been any financial problems with either organization, other than lack of funds from small amount of membership dues. Financial “badness” is something you made up. The reason the university could not complete an audit in 2011 (more than 2 years after I had left) was because the office records had become a mess. This is when you had been Treasurer of HARC. That was on YOUR watch, not mine.
what kind of happenings might bring you to use the Center?

Community happenings. Like a farmers' market with actual produce.

Why do you not support the non-profits?

I support non-profits that actually do something useful for the community. Inviting legal challenges and County enforcement is not a good use of limited resources; nor is paying for maintenance of roads to houses other than my own.

To All reading this thread about issues & solutions: In 1988 my dream came true with the purchase of a home in the Acres! The forest of ohia lehua and tree fern from my 2nd story lanai is paradise to me. Some of the moss features on my own 3 acres rival national park scenery! This is Hawaiian Acres to me. What does it mean to you?
quote:
Originally posted by Laurie

To All reading this thread about issues & solutions: In 1988 my dream came true with the purchase of a home in the Acres! The forest of ohia lehua and tree fern from my 2nd story lanai is paradise to me. Some of the moss features on my own 3 acres rival national park scenery! This is Hawaiian Acres to me. What does it mean to you?

yes laurie , this a wonderful place ,,,, my particular favorites are among others ,,, the birds singing outside my window in the mornings ,, also I love the fact that I can play in the snow in the morning and lay at the beach in the afternoon ! there are so many things I love about Hawaii and especially Hawaiian acres ,,,, so much in fact im willing to put up with some minor issues ,, like the road ,,and one hateful neighbor in particular and the cost of gasoline !
i love the privacy and the forest and my resident beautiful owl and hawaiian hawks. i have the most wonderful neighbors and we all watch out for each other and our properties, an important thing to have in this day and age. i love looking out at the ohia when they go into full bloom. my home in the acres is my santuary and i also hope this thread can stay positive and leave the problems on the problems thread. life is what you make it...
Please don't feed the trolls!

I'm really tired of every HA thread dissolving into bickering between about four people. If everybody just IGNORED the people they don't like, we'd all get along a lot better.

Be nice if Punaweb had an "ignore" button so we could opt out of seeing posts from annoying people.

><(((*< ... ><(("< ... ><('< ... >o>
i have a semi outdoor shower. sounds basic and inconvenient? in the early morning i shower to the scent of the wild ginger. in the late afternoon i shower in a rainbow of my own making. Smile

#10048;
#10048;