Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Civil Beat article about Puna
It's never too late for welfare reform hopefully. Most think American inner city ghettos and crime are directly related to generous welfare systems. Incentives or cut backs to single welfare moms to stop reproducing while on welfare is the only way to go in my opinion.

Same goes for Puna and all the generational welfare we see here each day in the grocery stores. Children who grow up watching their parents get free money over long periods of time statistically have a higher rate of becoming criminals specifically thieves. Wonder if the recent increase of theft here is directly related generational welfare folks?

A good percentage of the money for food stamps comes from owners of small businesses here on the island. How ironic, the hard workers get further taxed to pay for the slackers.

Dakine, I am more than happy for my tax dollars which I pay significantly here in Puna, yesterday checks in the thousands written quarterly, go to those in need, not to able bodied folk who choose to mooch instead of work. Many business owners, myself included, drop our prices to offset the 13.4% taxes on tourism.