Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Long term airport parking has gone up
quote:
begs the question: Has anyone on the forum used uber or lyft to get to the airport

From what I can tell by doing a few searches, it appears Uber is only available within Honolulu. Hopefully that will change at some point and there are more options.
Budget minded folks please note Enterprise runs your card for 200.00 BEFORE you get the car.

Mr./Mrs. Beejee I don't think I know you, do you live here ?

AP
quote:
Originally posted by airportparking

Budget minded folks please note Enterprise runs your card for 200.00 BEFORE you get the car.

So what? All car rental places put some sort of hold on the card.
If you cannot afford a $200 hold on your card, you probably shouldn't be flying to the mainland in the first place...
Let's see, Punatics can justify a $36 million monument library for Ruderman but demand outrage over the airport increasing parking by $5 per day. There has always been a serious math illiteracy problem in Puna.

Two Park-n-Rides, one outside of Pahoa and one up by Orchidland, county run with free two-day parking for kamaaina (with proof), $5 per day long term, county contract with towing company, drive through security and fines for abuse, section of Heleon with airport shuttle 3 times per day, park-n-ride users free, walk-on $10. This would cost a lot less than $36M and more people would use it.

"Aloha also means goodbye. Aloha!"
*Japanese tourist on bus through Pahoa, "Is this still America?*
Punatics can justify a $36 million monument library... but demand outrage over the airport increasing parking by $5 per day

Your best idea yet ted.
Build the library with long term parking. Then we before we leave we can check out some books to read on the plane.

"How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives." -Annie Dillard
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Wow, rough crowd here. Why does "nice tude dude" in a peewee herman voice keep playing in my head ?

Not sure where the aggression is coming from. I can say that (IMO) people are budget conscious and these things matter. Is flying to the Mainland is the only reason ? To many, 200.00 IS a LOT of money.

I use Alamo all the time and they DO NOT precharge.

AP
quote:

Wow, rough crowd here. Why does "nice tude dude" in a peewee herman voice keep playing in my head ?

Not sure where the aggression is coming from. I can say that (IMO) people are budget conscious and these things matter. Is flying to the Mainland is the only reason ? To many, 200.00 IS a LOT of money.

AP

Once upon a time this was a forum full of friendly helpful people who appreciated it when someone shared information. Those days are long gone, and now it is a more mean spirited place where new members get hazed by semi new members and all the old members who were so helpful rarely post.
quote:

AP

Got a GET license? Just asking...
Wow again,

Asking whom? Yourself ? "Got a GET license ? Just asking..." LOL ya "get" it ?

Visa/MC/PayPal accepted. Thank you Rob.
AP
You didn't answer the question...