Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hurricane season 2017
Thanks, the current track has the eye passing over my house. Please turn East! I don't know how many more hurricanes I can tolerate. I finally got a new Urologist after mine retired. I saw the new guy yesterday for my second visit and he informs me he's had it with the hurricanes and this will be his last. Looks like I better start looking for a new Uro again. At least I had a good doctors report. I got to watch on the screen as he scoped my nether regions up to my bladder. I could have done without that. Just tell me everything looks good.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Oink, you've been a Big Islander to be for over 10 years now. Don't wait too long!
The eye going over your house, yikes. I saw the pictures from St Martin today, what a mess.
Had to make sure I wasn't going to croak first.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Good luck, oink. Let us know how things play out and if there's anything we can do to help.
quote:
Originally posted by oink

Thanks, the current track has the eye passing over my house. Please turn East!... Looks like I better start looking for a new Uro again.

Looks like you should get the hell out of there. Excellent time for a Hawaii vacation. Good luck...
Can't leave. Was helping my son board up his house today. Tomorrow too. If past storms are any prediction I won't have electricity for probably 3 weeks or more. Window shaker and generator please don't fail me. This crap really sucks and I've done this too many times.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Best wishes oink.
Sounds like you have a good start on prepping for the storm. Please keep us updated when possible.

The Donner Party really wasn't that great of a party, was it?
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Thanks for the good wishes and luck folks. We'll likely survive well enough. After which I'll be figuring out what the best charity is for those poor folks on those Caribbean islands that just got totally pounded, some of which are about to get pounded again.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Hurricane Evacuation Tip:

Sometimes while watching hurricane coverage from other parts of the country, I'll notice a tweak or twist on time honored preparatory methods that could benefit some of us here in Puna. Safely transporting valuable pets is one of those necessities, especially if you own a greater number of pets than cages, and space in your back seat is limited. What to do? Always keep some newspaper on hand during hurricane season. This could work even if you're not evacuating, but wish to bring outdoor pets inside for greater protection from strong winds and heavy rain:

Leaving Key West today:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DJNFyrBV4AEvvhJ.jpg:large

The Donner Party really wasn't that great of a party, was it?
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
That begs the question; did Hurricane Iniki have anything to do with the enormous number of feral chickens on Kauai these days?