Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
School Walkouts
Did you read the valid words below G or just close your mind and knee jerk straight to barking like a scared dog?
Well the peer pressure is THERE and REAL Rob ( IMO ) and it hits home much faster and than any hypothetical drama that might not EVER happen.
Considering that A) School Shootings are NOT NEW - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enoch_Brow...l_massacre and considering that b) Deaths attributed to school shootings since we started counting (some 200 years ago), do not even total 500, I am shocked at the amount of furor over this issue.

Of all the things to throw your weight behind, to try to make a difference, an issue that has claimed such a minute number of souls seems misguided. 25,000 people commit suicide every year with a firearm and yet I hear nothing about 'Students Walking Out for Suicide Awareness". DUI stats are also quite high, etc, etc.

Finally, and most personally - The reason why I hate with a passion all you gun control nuts is because nobody on your side gives a crap why these kids are pulling the trigger, you just want to take the tool away without putting out a major outcry for increased mental health resources in our school. I predict if any gun control is enacted, the next school attack will involve Sarin or Ricin. Then what?

It's big picture time people, let's worry about WHY Johnny shot up the school, not just HOW.
And, its gonna be carried out by some poor soul who was ostracized and bullied BC he did not fit in and or was pressured to join or "be like" us.
quote:
Originally posted by RWR

Did you read the valid words below G or just close your mind and knee jerk straight to barking like a scared dog?

Read them all.. and would love you to acknowledge that when the article said:

"But, (this event) it’s more along the lines of media attention and using children.."

that it's BS. Get real, otherwise you too can have your hands covered in the next child's blood. As I said, anyone that would repost such is themselves brainwashed, not able to see reality.
more concerned with the real and present danger of students being killed

That's why we spend all our time/effort arguing about how many roosters are permissible, whether telescopes are allowed, making sure we don't mandate motorcycle helmets, etc.

let's worry about WHY Johnny shot up the school

Pain and suffering is a huge business opportunity for pharmaceutical companies. Why would we ever want to "solve" that "problem"?

Trolling because I care, folks. Just keep that in mind at all times.
Never thought I could lump Rob and G in one reply but the answer ( as an immediate start ) is.

Put an (armed) guard(s) / policeman in every school.

I'd even venture, if anything G, all these protests put the kids in more danger from some freak.
quote:
Originally posted by Kapoho Joe

Considering that A) School Shootings are NOT NEW...
No they are not. But our bitch isn't just school.. it's GUNS. And all the deflecting you do isn't going to change that one bit. People have to stop trying tp solve problems with guns. Fear is a bad way to approach any issue and to be in so much of it that you think possessing a gun is the answer to your problem is just silly crap invented by gun manufactures to sell more guns.

Sorry KJ, but your premise is already shot full of holes.
I'm rooting for ya Kalakoa, I think you should break 10k on April fools.
People have to stop trying tp solve problems with guns.

Ah yes. "Why can't we all just get along?" Because it's all freedom, no responsibility, no oversight.