Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Access to Mauna Kea
Star-Advertiser version:

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2019/08/0...rs-access/

According to a new agreement, the state laid cinder and cones in an attempt to address safety concerns.

How nice of the State to build a road for the astronomers to bypass the protest camp.

How sad that it's necessary...
https://www.staradvertiser.com/staradver...pollresult

About 94% in favor. Hilarious.
Hey HOTPE, what’s your sign? I’m asparagus.

Peppercorn, Asteroid rising in the unpermitted 7th house.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
leilanidude says;
"What do you call King Kam's takeover and slaughter of Hawaiians located on other islands? Was there a legal treaty of annexation?"

What do you call the Comanche victory and slaughter over the Apache? Was there a legal annexation?

What do you call the U.S. takeover of Mexican Territory? Was there a legal annexation?

What about the Hawaiians dropping thousands of bombs on civilians in the Mid-East? Oh wait; that was a civilized society. Was there a legal annexation?...

Snorkle, you're finally starting to get that the whole "no treaty" thing is BS. Congratulations.
Answering the original 2 questions by Tom:

1. No it is not remotely peaceful and obviously illegal to stop cars on the hwy. Same as what car jackers do too, and should be met with hostility and weapons, pepper sprayed at the very least. That may sound harsh but as a female it IS the appropriate response for self-defense. If men tried to stop me in a remote area and there was no one else around by standing in front of my car I would do my best to reverse but if I could not get around them I would hit them with the vehicle enough to get them out of the way.

2. Again illegal, way too aggressive and invasive of a behavior. Not sure why anyone would think it's peaceful to forcefully stop a motorist with the intention to detain even for a minute of questioning, that is a criminal behavior.
snorkle - What do you call the Comanche victory and slaughter over the Apache? Was there a legal annexation?

Yep - conquest, in international law, was the legal acquisition (or annexation) of territory through force.

What do you call the U.S. takeover of Mexican Territory? Was there a legal annexation?
You mean the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo in 1848? Or are you vaguely gesturing at something else?

What about the Hawaiians dropping thousands of bombs on civilians in the Mid-East? Oh wait; that was a civilized society. Was there a legal annexation?...

When? Where? WTF? Given that native Hawaiians serve in the U.S. military, then yes some of them probably helped bomb civilians during various armed conflicts in the Middle East (and we all helped pay for it - go team). As for annexation, depends on whatever you going are on about, but there's not a lot of U.S. territory in the Middle East.

Oh and yeah, road's open. Now for public access...
Ige said, in a news release. "The state stands behind the more than 500 employees’ efforts to bring the telescopes back online to begin astronomical observations again.”

Seems less like “stands behind” and more like standing around. Loitering.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Seems less like "stands behind"

They're definitely "behind", but yeah, probably with couches and recliners, standing is way too much effort.
Punatic 007 we must be asrtologically linked. I fully agree with u
Aloha

HPP

HPP