Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kim wants another 2-month TMT delay
Better question, maybe: where does Mayor Kim think the money will come from?
Taxes, of course. Where else does it come from?
Taxes, of course.

If nobody is allowed to live here, who pays the taxes?
who pays the taxes?

Subjects of the Kingdom might be in for a big surprise once they get what they asked for.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
You're allowed to live, visit, and maybe even work here as long as you pay enough to the right people and require nothing in return. How is this not clear by now?

The name of the game is Shakedown: Hawaii!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ462F1-yuc
Might even be a good deal if I can get clear definition of "enough", who the "right people" are, and what kind of "nothing" I can require.

So far it seems like I'm not getting what I pay for.
Enough = whatever they ask for
Right people = whoever asks
Nothing = Nothing

So far it seems like I'm not getting what I pay for.
Every shakedown needs a premise, but why would you expect to get what was offered? That's why it's called a shakedown.

Learn a lesson from the TMT - expect nothing from local government and you may never be disappointed.
... you may never be disappointed.

This corollary is a quote from the 1997 film The Spanish Prisoner with Steve Martin. It can also apply to our government overlords:

“Always do business as if the person you're doing business with is trying to screw you, because he probably is. And if he's not, you can be pleasantly surprised.”
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Seeings as this thread has continued, and seemingly under the impression that the next two months mean something to construction on MK, I'll chime in.

It's winter. TMT ain't coming back until April regardless. Giving Harry an extension for that time is a no brainer.. sure Harry, go ahead, have fun. After all, the national guard or the DLNR cops, or whoever will have to take that stand no need do it in winter either. And besides, it's too windy, and certainly all those blown over tarps don't make for good photojournalism..

I could go on.. the state legislature is in session.. there's all sorts of stuff that makes letting the thing slide for a few months a good plan..
No idea what the previous post is on about. The only real concerns during the winter are the very occasional snowstorms that block access to the summit for a day or two for vehicles equipped for the conditions, rarely longer. The ground is not frozen and although wind storms occur more often during the winter, they also happen all-year round. The only tarps I've seen being blown around are those of the protestors.

The observatories manage to carry out heavy engineering both inside and outside their enclousres during the winter and just a couple of weeks ago I was up there during the day and it was T-shirt weather. You didn't even need to wear a coat. The threat of winter weather only really delays projects when you have to have people at the summit every day for the safety of the equipment and that can't be guaranteed.

I can't think of a good reason for another two-month delay other than to say we need another two-month delay afterwards because nothing changed during the first delay. And then it goes on. And on. And on.