Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kim wants another 2-month TMT delay
https://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/202...re-months/

“Of course, my authority over the whole thing is really quite limited,” Kim said.

Yeah.
he still whats to mull over it

jrw
jrw
Is he waiting for the muller report?
He should ask the Protextors how long the construction will be delayed for.
With the end of the month less than two weeks away, Kim said he has worked to try to extend the grace period, to give both sides an opportunity to find common ground and reach some kind of mutual agreement.

So two more months. And that's the final deadline then, right Harry?
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Both sides are dealing in absolutes. One side no TMT, other side build TMT.
How do you come to an agreement on that?

Puna: Our roosters crow first
Puna: Our roosters crow first
"Both sides are dealing in absolutes."

I disagree. The TMT has bent over backwards to compromise in terms of design and to offer both cultural and educational benefits to the community, some of which are earmarked for Hawaiians. It's the protesters who refuse to accept any outcome other than the absolute of not building TMT, and our political leaders have shown themselves to be feckless, incompetent, and completely under the thumb of a minority within a minority.

"How do you come to an agreement on that?"

You don't. Those breaking the law to make their political point need to be arrested and prosecuted, but Harry Kim and David Ige don't have the cojones to do it.

Kim only has the authority to stop progress, increase taxes, and sleep through meetings.
Don't forget Kim's request for "freedom" to spend the "special purpose" GET increase as he sees fit. ("Salaries and benefits" were mentioned, big surprise.)

After all, who needs "transportation"...
Protests delayed due to cold weather. Set to resume in 2 months as the temperatures return to tolerable levels.