Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amazon Air expands operations to Kona International Airport
If you’re receiving your packages at the Keaau Post Office there is a door bell with a large E on it on the wall close to the counter, be sure to push that button to also retrieve your email.  Big Grin
OK..Here is my question and concern. I have an office chair in my Amazon cart and Amazon won't deliver to my PO Box but it will deliver to my physical address in HPP. I don't have prime but the item was eligible for free shipping to Hawaii. Now how will that item be delivered?  Will it go to Honolulu and be handed off to USPS which will go to Keaau and then get returned because they don't deliver to HPP....or will it be delivered by UPS, Fed EX or their  own Amazon trucks?  I tried using an address that has both PO box and physical address on it which Amazon did accept but when it got to Keaau...they didn't bother reading the PO BOX address (second line) and returned it to Amazon.
The problem is that Amazon doesn't tell you what carrier will bring any given package. I've gotten around this by listing the physical address of the post office followed by my box #. That way either USPS or UPS can deliver it. And when the package disappears and UPS says they delivered it and post office says they don't have it, wait three days, go back, and the situation will have mysteriously reappeared. Not optimum, but it works eventually.
The Kurtistown post office now has a sign saying they will send mail with a physical address back to sender, even if they know which box it belongs to. Doesn't seem very kind.
Maybe try filling out and give them this form?

https://www.usps.com/pobox/customer-agre...ements.pdf
(09-09-2020, 05:22 AM)terracore Wrote: Maybe try filling out and give them this form?

https://www.usps.com/pobox/customer-agre...ements.pdf

Kurtistown USPS says this is a premium service only available to paying box holders. We have a free box due to lack of delivery in Hawaiian Acres. I've shipped this way successfully before, but started getting warnings...
Well I found an office desk chair for $65.00 on Amazon with free delivery to my HPP physical address. So I've added my PO BOX on the second line indicating that if delivery in Hawaii is with USPS to use that address. Amazon accepted it. They even gave me $25.00 off my purchase for adding a debit card to the list of cards used for Amazon purchases. So the chair is now just under $40.00 including shipping and tax. Estimated delivery time is 2 weeks. Will see what happens....
I do the PO box on second line trick. I only use it if Amazon refuses to accept the PO box address and its an item I think may ship UPS. Otherwise I use the street address of the post office trick (I pay for my box so don't have RQs problem). It works about 75% of the time. Usually it will make it to PO box but some of the time they send it back to Amazon. My issue is complicated because my physical and PO box addresses are in different zip codes and I guess the PO thinks its easier to ship things back to Amazon than from Keaau to Hilo some of the time.
Same here. My physical address is Keaau....and my PO Box is Pahoa. I'm not in any rush to get this item so if it takes a month of going back and forth...so be it.
I'd be totally cool with some "Amazon lockers" in Hilo. Things would probably get here faster and eliminate the uncertainty.