Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the new Dominos in Pahoa is open
(10-21-2022, 02:03 AM)Rob Tucker Wrote: I'm still going to take a buy local approach and support Boogie Woogie.

It may be a franchise but how do we know the franchise owner isn't local?  Obviously they are employing a lot of locals.  Most Dominos franchises are owner-operated, so it makes sense that the owner is local, at least in Hawaii.

How many of us own shares in the parent company through our 401ks and not even know it?  There may be more local "owners" of Dominos than there are Boogie Woogie.

Dominos is unique among franchises in that a person cannot purchase one unless they have worked as a regular employee that knows their operation.  Their philosophy is to promote the idea of starting at the bottom and working your way up to owning your own restaurant.  A regular investor can only invest in a franchise by partnering with an employee.
The delivery drivers are local trying to eke out a living.
The delivery drivers are local …

I suppose an argument could be made, by some people, that all of the really high level jobs, and the companies that supply a national chain, and the investors holding DPZ stock on the NYSE are the the ones making big money, not the drivers and store workers.  And like the reasoning put forward by TMT protestors, we should therefore throw the baby out with the bath water.  Although in these two cases, the low level local jobs argument is only true about Dominos.  

But some corporate entities do seem acceptable to the anti development crowd  when they’re hungry and only have a few bucks in their pockets, and they get something delicious from the colonizers.
Here's a local delivery in the part of Ohio where I spend my summers.

https://www.tiktok.com/@tommabe/video/7144092836416245035?is_from_webapp=v1&item_id=7144092836416245035&lang=en
No Chinese Government Ticking or Tocking for me, thanks just the same.
LOL, go Amish guy! (Aaron that's about the video, not you.)
How about you tube ??

Come on we need a laugh here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_T1cHwe4fjA
Where else but Pahoa can you have a pizza at a place called boogie woogie, then walk across the street for a shell of awa.
This is going away if we do not patronize these businesses.
Ordered a pizza and wings tonight. All online thru the app.
30 minutes from the end of the transaction until delivery to the bottom of Makuu in HPP.
Great pizza too.
Great people too. Have ordered food several times now. Always great.

PLUS... and this is a big one: Recently ate at the restaurant. They have a BATHROOM! And, are you ready for this? It's always unlocked, so you can use it without giving up your firstborn as collateral!