Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
steam vents blocked off
Yes the large geothermal steam power plants on the island must operate w/ a permit and I remember a story that they have to pay the State a fee but don't think it applies if you have a natural vent where the steam comes up anyways.
Then condemn it and offer a good deal for him on another parcel which could bring him better returns. This place has been popular for at least 40 years I know of and should be public under common domain or use (help legals), as in a "common domain" property, the same as a road open to the public for years without a yearly closure. Like Hawn Acres-Ainaloa! Give him somthing with more value than this property.

There are so few rec areas in Puna since the loss of Kalapana, to loose another one would be ashame!

Gordon J Tilley
"... Give him somthing with more value than this property. ..."

I thought the property around there was pretty vaulable - at least it's expensive. I know it isn't ocean-front, but it has highway access and electric ($$$$$) close by. Oh wait, it is in Lava Zone 1.....
Puna: Our roosters crow first
Get enough interested people and buy the property as a land trust. If done right the land would never be used for anything else and no one individual will be worried about liability directly. One of my favorite hot springs in Colorado has the same designation (i.e. will always remain as a public access land and will never be sold to a private party with allot of money). Certain added access or useage priveledges could be granted to those who contribute to purchase and or upkeep. Down side of that is there would have to be usage rules :/
Eightfingers, expensive compared to what, there is a moratorium on subdivisions right now, and LZ1 isn't that much. The red tape for a land trust would probably kill any chance of such. The state or CC is the best bet.
Gordon J Tilley
gtill,
You're right, the land is cheap compared to, say, Kohala....LOL Not cheap compared to Kansas City, tho'. I'll get used to it, eventually.
Puna: Our roosters crow first