Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Puna Gnome has arrived...
Man Tony. What have you started here? LOL

Andrew

Chinese curse "May you live in interesting times".
Since Tiki Jr. has become Bud's new traveling companion, I've got a suggestion.

Knowing Bud's world travels, there'll be lots more folks who are going to want to attach items representing their homeland along for the ride with Bud.

So, instead of Bud eventually having to arrive in a crate on a pallet on a cargo ship (with all that accumulated stuff), how about this...

When the next person receives Bud and and Tiki Jr., that person KEEPS Tiki Jr., then sends a something from them with Bud to the next Gnome Host. It could be another "doll" or figurine, or perhaps some other keepsake representative of their homeland; usually something "touristy".

If that person doesn't want to do that, they simply send Tiki Jr. along with Bud to the following Host and they can choose whether to keep Tiki Jr. and send a new companion, or send T.Jr. along again. This way, Bud might potentially have new a new travel "buddy" on each journey. Otherwise, if Bud keeps acquiring additional companions, the postal charges are going to really add up and might be discouraging.

Of course photos and a journal of each new companion would be protocol.

Perhaps name this part of the Gnome Project the "Bud's Buddy of Honor" system.

Just an idea.

quote:
Since Tiki Jr. has become Bud's new traveling companion, I've got a suggestion.

Knowing Bud's world travels, there'll be lots more folks who are going to want to attach items representing their homeland along for the ride with Bud.

So, instead of Bud eventually having to arrive in a crate on a pallet on a cargo ship (with all that accumulated stuff), how about this...

When the next person receives Bud and and Tiki Jr., that person KEEPS Tiki Jr., then sends a something from them with Bud to the next Gnome Host. It could be another "doll" or figurine, or perhaps some other keepsake representative of their homeland; usually something "touristy".

If that person doesn't want to do that, they simply send Tiki Jr. along with Bud to the following Host and they can choose whether to keep Tiki Jr. and send a new companion, or send T.Jr. along again. This way, Bud might potentially have new a new travel "buddy" on each journey. Otherwise, if Bud keeps acquiring additional companions, the postal charges are going to really add up and might be discouraging.

Of course photos and a journal of each new companion would be protocol.

Perhaps name this part of the Gnome Project the "Bud's Buddy of Honor" system.

Just an idea.

Aloha, Pomai...glad to see you here at Punaweb.
I really hope that Tjr makes the entire round with Bud. I made sure to send a lightwieight member of my ohana as not to add too much to the cost of shipping.

I plan on including a little "guestbook" with him for people to sign, so when I get him back, I have a guestbook full of messages. He's be MAJORLY bummed if he doesn't get to go. :-(

Check out my Exotica CD at www.tikiyakiorchestra.com
What I think you should do. For what it's worth!! Is ... If some host of Bud wants to include another traveling companion with Bud. That "said" traveling companion should make its way back to Bud's home in Puna to sit on a shelf awaiting Bud's return from his latest excursion. There could be an ever growing shelf of Bud's newly met friends that could be viewed as a photo on-line.

Aloha,
Andrew

Hey Tony:

Sign my up to be a host for Bud.

Sincerely,
Andrew

quote:
Tikiyaki--

Hey, it happens...just a hint, see the edit button, try two buttons to the right of it, the trash can? You can delete it from that button (while you are logged in at the top of screen, not just the part where you do to post, above the message that you are about to post.)

Sorry that I could not email you off line, my Java is not working well with this site, so I can never get people's email addresses :-(( Currently I tried the Java for deleting one of my messages and it doesn't work for that either, but the edit button does, as I just did it with this message.

Lucy
<whenever I edit my message it duplicates...HELP!>

Having another Great day in Paradise, Wherever that Maybe!
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TheLanai

Edited by - Lucy on 09/30/2006 19:16:41

Hey Lucy, Thanx! It seems that admin has done it for me.
Thanx, Admin !

I felt like Johnny 2 times from "Goodfellas". who said everything 2 times, like
"I'm gonna go get the papers, get the papers"

Hey Tony, maybe you should make a myspace page for punagnome. Then everyone could link their page to his. It's pretty easy to make. I am not so great at the computer and made one last week within a few minutes.

Atlanta/Pahoa
Atlanta/Pahoa
I agree with punagirl. Several Puna Webbers (you know who you are ) already have MySpace pages and it's the easiest way to get a lot of recognition from all over, if that's what you're looking for. And there are some gnome "groups" on there as well.

Aloha,
Jody

Edited by - Jody on 10/01/2006 11:07:22
DUH! Why didn't I think of that ? Probably because I hate myspace because it's SOOOOOO SLOOOOWWWWWW.

But I'm gonna create one for Tikiyaki Jr. Great way to spread the word.

Hey, I only have two people on my friend's list. I feel lonely. Especially since one is my sister. My 16 yr old niece refused to make me her friend. She just doesn't know how cool I am!! I sent my Jesus freak brother in law an invite and he didn't even respond!! I guess he didn't want his friends to see his brother's wife is an agnostic person that choose Hong Kong Phooey as a hero. Well, maybe he hasn't read the invite yet.

So Tikiyaki, you can add me to Tikiyaki Jr's list once it is up & runnng so I don't look like a loner?

myspace.com/dizzyfoundmelastnight

Atlanta/Pahoa
Atlanta/Pahoa