Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Law enforcement on the east side?
@LeeE

"It's not exactly clear how, but for the past 40 years, this generation has managed to keep the spotlight on itself," Brown University history professor A. Thomas Raymond said. "The era-defining flower children of the '60s, hedonistic disco-goers of the '70s, BMW-driving yuppies of the '80s and graying private-investor homeowner parents of the '90s all have one thing in common: They're all Boomers."

"It takes a staggering amount of effort to keep oneself the focus of an entire society for one decade, much less four, but the Boomers somehow pulled it off," Raymond continued. "Thankfully, though, their reign will soon come to an end."

-courtesy the Onion

Freestate,

Like that handle.

Yes. Generally speaking, I agree completely with your post re. what majority of boomers became.

The hippies/counterculture folks, represented by many out here, have never resembled msm descriptions of same. The real article has always been the real thing.

If you were there and remember it, you know what I'm talking about, but weren't there, because if you were there and don't remember it, you were.

Like Zero Mostel famously said in the film, "The Producers"..."When you got it, baby, flaunt it!"**S**

Lee Eisenstein
http://members.cruzio.com/~lionel/event

"Be kinder than necessary, as everyone you meet is engaged in some kind of strudel."
I love how The Onion has consistently hit on the truth even tho it's the fake truth.
Did my use of the term "hippies" offend? If so, I apologize. I assumed it was commonly accepted that lots of folks in Puna were hippies. But yeah, I guess not original hippies... unless you were pushing 70. I am neither a hippie nor a Boomer, so if I misused the term and caused offense to anyone as a result of that, please forgive my ignorance. Several of my friends here are in fact original hippies, and delightful because of that. And Puna will become what it will... I did not mean anything preconditioned by my use of the term "sophisticated" either.