Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is It Time for a Punaweb Party??
I will be there, Pam. Tony has to work. It seems like we rarely have the day off together. Can't wait to see some old friends and meet new ones. (by "old" I mean "dear.") Mahalos for your generosity! It's been too long since an actual PW Party.

Carrie

http://www.sapphiresoap.etsy.com

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future..." Galadriel LOTR
Carrie Rojo

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future..." Galadriel LOTR
I am soooo looking forward to seeing so many of you on Saturday. The house is actually clean (a miracle, I assure you. I did not get the cleaning gene, nor the shopping gene. What can I say: I got the tractor gene, apparently by mistake). Anyhow we have goodies for the BBQ, some beers, some sodas, Bob promises to clean up the back lanai and garage tomorrow and I have all but forbidden him from putting the BBQ in the garage to cook. We have an easy-up and if it rains, he can be covered! The bad news is that it has rained so much here this week that I may not be able to finish mowing. I started, the mower belt came off in the middle of me clowning around out back which now looks like a cross between the haircut on a punk-rocker and bald spots. Oh, well, I hope I can be forgiven.

The important thing is that it is high time we all gathered together, raised a glass, shared a laugh and remembered our Punaweb beginnings. So many people from the original days six years ago, and now so many newbies.... I want us all to celebrate our new lives in Hawaii (most of us at least). Sharing camaraderie, adventures and misadventures has always been our way, along with my life mantra "Share what you have in abundance". I have some potted plants to share as well as the hospitality of our home. It will be fun to show many of you the accomplishments this year after a couple years of disaster here. Each of our failures has taught us something, mostly something we needed to learn. Mostly I have so many of you to THANK for your support in my own adventures both here in Hawaii and even off in Thailand. Together, whether you realize it or not, we built a home in Thailand for a very needful and deserving family. We taught them to grow food better than they ever had, to house their pigs in a way that leaves them at least twice as productive as they have ever been before. We brought light to homes that were dark (not for lack of electricity but for lack of knowing what to do with it). We brought water into homes where there was only a single spigot in the front yard near the unpaved dirt roads, simply by showing them how to run PVC pipe. The many building and gardening lessons we are all practicing here in Hawaii were just as applicable in the northwest rainforest territory of Thailand. We gave then nothing new but empowered them by teaching them to utilize what was available all along. They lacked only knowledge. We not only built and plumbed and electrified, we taught young men of the village to do this so they could carry it to others in their village and to neighboring villages. We gave them a chance at a livelihood, replacing wasted youthful lives. Punawebbers supported me in this endeavor with both good cheer and $$. I will always be both thankful to you all and indebted to you for your support.

Geez, how did I get on that? Anyhow, I hope as many of you as can will come and enjoy the day Saturday. If you have any questions, get lost, whatever.. feel free to phone me at 345 8440. Aloha, and hope to be seeing you soon!

I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
Carol and I will be there. What we'll bring - I'm not sure....

Home of the "Just for Keiki" Luau show.
See: http://justforkeiki.blogspot.com/
Home of the "Just for Keiki" Luau show.
See: http://justforkeiki.blogspot.com/
Hey, if anyone has any two liter soda bottles, bring them please. We want to use them to make fruit fly traps. Mahalo

"Oh Crap, She's up!"

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
Oh I remember the first and meeting so many PW'ers at Pam's place. Have a grand time all, sorry to miss this party and the plant exchange, good food and fun times~!

mella l

Art and Science Our Future

[url]http://www.bytheseasoaps.etsy.com/url]
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
Directions are on the Events Page for this event!

"Oh Crap, She's up!"

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
Hi Pam,

Hope better late than never works in this case. I'm planning on being there tomorrow, think I'll bring tabouli. My neighbor is coming also, he's a PW member but don't think he has ever posted, just lurks, have no idea what he'll bring. I have your location in my GPS from back at the start of the hydroponic lettuce days so shouldn't have any problem finding the place. I'm excited to finally make a PW party, always before I've been working but being currently unemployed, am taking advantage of rare free time. Anyway, see you all tomorrow. Aloha!

blessed are the cracked for they let in the light
I don't know how I got over the hill without getting to the top.
quote:
Originally posted by pslamont

Hey, if anyone has any two liter soda bottles, bring them please. We want to use them to make fruit fly traps. Mahalo

"Oh Crap, She's up!"

How many you need? I have a lot in my recycling right now.
Aloha Pam,
Really looking forward to meeting you and all the other 'web-bers.' We will be there slightly late. I have to work until 1:15.
Thank you in advance!!
Cindy and Al

I'd rather be a wise ass than a dumb ass!!!
Skies are grey this morning but the party is ON. We always have the house and lanai's.

Re: 2 liter bottles: half a dozen or so would be great. My friend LQuade is makig fruit fly traps for my greenhouse. Mahalo!

"Oh Crap, She's up!"

"Oh Crap, She's up!"