Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potential restrictions to Mauna Kea access
Tom, I'm sure your efforts are appreciated by most rational people on Punaweb, including this one.
Thank you also for dedicating your life to science, you didn't choose the easy road.
Thank you, Paul. Now I have to pack! Was really worried Hilda would be a problem but think I'll be able to see Pam on schedule!
quote:
Originally posted by kalakoa

they are up there pulling some Anti-Captain Planet Pollution Party on the Summit

I got my invitation a couple of weeks ago -- if yours is missing, maybe call them and make sure they have your current address.

A ha! Found it buried under some junk mail.....wonder if "Toxic Tom," his royal evilness will be there? (add evil laugh as I rub my "disrespectful" hands together.)

AKpilot

We're all here, because we're not all there!
We're all here, because we're not all there!
Is this type of behavior we should be expecting to see the next time we take our keiki to visit the summit of Maunakea, or TMT?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R2fbj3hepoE

Not sure many keiki, locals, or Hawaiians, are going to want to give up, or sacrifice their culture, history, or beliefs, atop Maunakea. OR be very supportive or exceptive of this kind of future disrespect atop Maunakea's once peaceful and calm summit.
With 1,000,000 visitors expected a year atop maunakea, what kind of restrictions or measures could be taken to mitigate these unruly occurrences from happening?
Is this type of behavior we should be expecting to see the next time we take our keiki to visit the summit of Maunakea, or TMT?

Is the TMT building an airport on the summit of Mauna Kea that will allow Chinese visitors a layover on their way to Thailand? Seems like a bit of a detour, but otherwise how else would our keiki see what's in that video from a mountain in Hawaii?
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
quote:
Originally posted by gypsy69

Very entertaining video, thanks Gypsy! I see that the Chinese Red Menace has morphed into the Chinese Redneck Menace. But I don't think very many tourists journey up Mauna Kea to see a telescope. They go because it's awesome up there.

ETA: injected sanity
This is getting like Facecr*p, people posting stupid videos that have nothing to do with anything.
quote:

what kind of restrictions or measures could be taken to mitigate these unruly occurrences from happening?

Dunno, but when we figure it out we can use it to keep protestors from smearing poop on the walls.
I wish gypsy would stop posting so the TMT construction could get underway.
quote:

Not sure many keiki, locals, or Hawaiians, are going to want to give up, or sacrifice their culture, history, or beliefs, atop Maunakea. OR be very supportive or exceptive of this kind of future disrespect atop Maunakea's once peaceful and calm summit.
With 1,000,000 visitors expected a year atop maunakea, what kind of restrictions or measures could be taken to mitigate these unruly occurrences from happening?

And this gem from gypsy69...

quote:

P.S. I would like my own summit car rental business, or a summit tour business leaving from Puna? Arnotts or Budget could use the compitition on this side, especially with the extra cruise ships and air traffic coming into hilo these days. I am looking for investors immediately, maybe we can be in business before the road is reopened or unblocked? That is unless they do what is right, and put a very large KAPU sign for everyone at the top of maunakea?

Does gypsy69 even remember what he says, from one day to the next?