Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Helicopter ID
Yes, I figured I'd rather not start another whole topic of these stinkin' things Wink

Hawaiideborah, that is what they will always say, ALWAYS. Something to the effect of, "We checked and you're wrong so there's nothing we can do, but we did our job, good bye" and that's supposed to satisfy you. You're supposed to believe that A) they actually checked (not likely, why would they when there's no one to answer to if they don't?!), B) That they even know what they're doing (obviously we know that the helicopters are flying low A LOT, and we call about it. So either they don't know how to read the information on their own equipment, it has been rigged to give false information, or they're lying straight through their teeth), and C) that this is the only right you have is to complain and then be placated (which is not true either, but that's what they want people to think). After a lot of diligent work on my part, and not letting them get away with it (I was calling multiple times a day there for a while, and not just the tour companies, but people right on up the chain) they have quit flying directly over our house at a few hundred feet up, for the most part. We've gone from 2 or more direct overheads an hour to one or two a day. Thank goodness.
Melissa Fletcher
seekir, Mahalo for the links. Inouye and Hirono may be inclined to help, if enough people write them.

Lee Eisenstein
http://members.cruzio.com/~lionel/event

"Be kinder than necessary, as everyone you meet is engaged in some kind of strudel."
Lee Eisenstein
http://members.cruzio.com/~lionel/event

"Be kinder than necessary, as everyone you meet is engaged in some kind of strudel."
At times the tourist helicopters fly above our house every fifteen minutes. I think all helicopters is something "everyone" in the community should be alarmed about. They have no business flying over our property and inringing on our privacy.
Yesterday was HORRIBLE in Leilani Estates. It was literally non-stop with one or more helicopters in the air pretty much all the times.

If the facility has digitized radar they can review the files and check the flight paths of the aircraft. If they aircraft have mode C transponders they can also check their altitudes. Does anyone know if the local ATC facility has digitized radar? Does anyone know if the helicopters have mode C transponders?

If the facilities do not have digitized radar then there is no feasible way for them to review old data other than to manually review any flight plans that were filed with ATC. And just because a flight plan was filed doesn't mean that the aircraft followed it precisely.

It's already starting again the morning.
Helicopters back and forth at tree-top level for the last hour here in upper HPP, loud enough to set the dishes in the cupboard rattling. Whatever they're doing, enough is enough. It's not HELCO, they're not following the power lines, just kind of random back and forth. It's ridiculous that this should be a constant occurrence here in Puna. We must have some recourse, but what?

Today is the oldest you've ever been and the youngest you'll ever be, enjoy this day!
I don't know how I got over the hill without getting to the top.
I say ditto Lin. Makes me want to go to the airport & protest in front of the tourists getting on those helicopters. Although that would probably only make me feel better, not change anything. Not sure what they were, white w/ blue markings right over my upper HPP house. Somewhat quiet now. 9:43 am.
Oh Noooooo here they come again.
If they are at treetop level then they are likely to be green harvest/gendarmes.
Black frt & back with white center outlined w/ red stripe just fly really low over Keaau Inter....1st time I've seen this one!
Yellow helicopter hovering and flying so low over Orchidland that I could see the silhouette of the pilot as he banked over our yard en route to somewhere else.
Must be Green Harvest AGAIN!
They are circling over HPP too.
What about weed scares the man so much?
Wish they could get a handle on ice.