Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In Puna....
Simply drain 1/2 the water from the catchment tank and let it fill back up in the next rain to dilute it.
Assuming you have 7500+ gallon tank, you won't be running out anytime soon anyway. Do the math on your roof size, subtract about 15% for "losses" and determine how many gallons you get for every 1" of rain. Mine gets 1400+ gallons with an inch of rainfall.
Thanks guys, I guess I will dump half the water, probably the best bet to be safe ! I used three cans and it all went down the side of the house and onto the roof..
In Puna . . . the most interesting, diverse, unique group of people live with aloha, peace, and tolerance.

In Puna . . . when skies are clear, they're bluer than Kona's.

In Puna . . . there is a vortex which renders most vehicle directional signal lights inoperable.

In Puna . . . there is another vortex at Island Naturals which turns rainbow hippie people into unaware zombies who hug, catch up, talk story, and clog the isles and even the front entrance with zero aloha.

In Puna . . . a tiny fraction of the world's population is lucky to call it "home". We are truly blessed to live Hawaii in Puna!
There is no need to kill the bees. Carpenter bees look for dry wood. Spraying plain water, or a bit of baking soda diluted in the water, will make them leave and go hunt for another home. I've used this methods for decades. They are pollinators for lilikoi among many other plants. With all the hive die-offs occurring, killing bees on purpose is a shame.
I agree, I wish I could NOT kill them. Unfortunately , the house was left unattended for so long they have made huge tunnels in the wood and are eating the inside of the house, so need to be eradicated. As I mentioned, I will stain over the siding once I have removed them from their burrows. This should prevent them from suing my house as a home. I even have Carpenter Bee traps, which do little good. They already have established burrows in the house, which they prefer over everything.
In puna....friends will give you advice on anything you can think of !
In Puna, I'm home.

In Puna......police have big 4x4 suv's but don't like to get them dirty.
In Puna... there's a type of mold, mildew or fungi for every surface type.
In Puna - Some of us put small pieces of gravel in the puka's from the wood boring bee's in stead of poisons.
The bee's do not sting and are pollinators of a wide variety of plants.
In Puna most insects are our friends.