Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PGV plans new well
If anyone has any friends or acquaintances that are CNA's who may might be interested in a position working with a ALS patient from 8pm to 8am. Please respond. It is a paid position. I am not to sure how many days but the family is looking. The location is in Seaview Estates/Kalapana area.. Please contact me.. Mahalo.
quote:
Originally posted by lavalava

Back to the NOISE folks. Why do we have local laws if they are not being enforced?

Local laws are not being enforced because of collusion which isConfusedecret or illegal cooperation or conspiracy, especially in order to cheat or deceive others:
More likely the County doesn't have the wherewithal; the money, skill, etc., that is needed to get or do something. Partly because there are so many laws they will,and should, prioritize and pursue violations that can be successfully prosecuted. And, sad but true, noise from PGV bothering a few dozen folks for a period of time is probably a low priority.

Jay
Jay
I find it hard to believe that the county doesn't have the funds to enforce their laws.The puna geothermal venture gives the county 30% of the royalties they pay out. Ten percent of their income goes to royalties which can be about two to three million dollars. It seems more like a conflict of interest to me.
Geothermal in a residential area is so bizarre when the international standard is a 10 mile radius to buffer residential. Anyone who doesn't comprehend that and is not in support of folk complaining of health and sound problems have lack of empathy issues. I'm out of range but I have spoken with too many folk whom I respect(including Harry Kim, previous head of Civil Defense and the Mayor) who say the same thing, sound, respiratory issues etc... while the rest of us in Puna are doing good.

That alone is why I do not condone geothermal in Puna, it's way too close to pre-existing residential areas and too many folk say it is causing them grief. That's good enough for me. They have my full support and I will continue to sign petitions and call and write politicians whenever needed.

Gypsy you have my full support and deepest sympathies.

quote:
Originally posted by Punatic007

Geothermal in a residential area is so bizarre when the international standard is a 10 mile radius to buffer residential. Anyone who doesn't comprehend that and is not in support of folk complaining of health and sound problems have lack of empathy issues. I'm out of range but I have spoken with too many folk whom I respect(including Harry Kim, previous head of Civil Defense and the Mayor) who say the same thing, sound, respiratory issues etc... while the rest of us in Puna are doing good.

That alone is why I do not condone geothermal in Puna, it's way too close to pre-existing residential areas and too many folk say it is causing them grief. That's good enough for me. They have my full support and I will continue to sign petitions and call and write politicians whenever needed.

Gypsy you have my full support and deepest sympathies.

(BBM)Link please, to the above (re: 10 mile radius)? That is not factual to my knowledge; just part of the misinformation put forth.

In fact, from my reading the testimony (and doing my own research) at the time of the resolution, safety was an issue in stopping the drilling process midstream. (*See County Council testimony online for this resolution, from experts in the field).

Kenoi didn't veto it knowing the permit stands "as is", for PGV. Keep in mind, PGV/ORMAT is also operating under federal law, not just County/State regulations.

As to Harry Kim, who used to deliver kim chee to my Papa & Tutu's house, and who "revered" (his words) my Papa, when asked directly about his concern during his tenure at CD, given True Geothermal (under Mr. Maurice Richard) was being built, all he stated was, "Lorraine Inouye (Mayor at the time) tied my hands"(verbatim). Looking around the room, figured it was best left at that.

When I asked Mr. Kim what he did during his tenure as Mayor given his concerns, as he signed off on the permit to expand the now PGV, you could "cut the air with a knife". The look in his eye was telling (I watch body language, too). After a "pregnant pause", the response was, "I did not do enough for the people of Puna".

I was floored. Love the man, however, he had eight (8) years to shut PGV down if it was such a detriment to our community.

Get ready (or stand in line) for the lawsuits to be filed. Again.

JMO.

I normally wouldn't be so pissed off but at the spring meeting in 2013 we were pretty much promised that they would build a new and better sound wall. No money left for the integrity budget...
quote:
Originally posted by lavalava

I normally wouldn't be so pissed off but at the spring meeting in 2013 we were pretty much promised that they would build a new and better sound wall. No money left for the integrity budget...

I recall that vividly. That, they must do.

Time to write Kenoi, he's the one that should move it forward to Council. We are "nothing" individually, and God forbid we have to go through hours upon hours of testimony again.

Make him do it.

JMO.

ETA: Maybe his "Coach" can help him write it up. [Smile]
The puna geothermal venture gives the county 30% of the royalties they pay out. Ten percent of their income goes to royalties which can be about two to three million dollars.
--

This is part of the reason for the high cost of electricity! These royalties and other funds come directly from the consumer. If the county and state would get their greedy hands out from PGV and other electric producers, the cost would be lower.
The puna geothermal venture gives the county 30% of the royalties they pay out.

Wasn't that money spent on a transfer station and some road paving projects? How did either of these mitigate the suffering of nearby residents?