Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good grinds?
Hey Ino have you tried Lucy's? I think they beat Maui taco hands down for best Mexican.
if Lucys is good what a shame hilo is for Mexican food

jrw
jrw
Just got off work and having breakfast at ZIPPY'S. The ham & cheese omelette with shiitake mushrooms is very good, malasadas and Kona coffee also good.

There just aren't very many mexicans on the island; in theory, it should be easier to find a good samoan place, but I'm not aware of any.
quote:
Originally posted by Southernmost

Aunty Pon's Cafe 14 w.Lanikaula St.
Just opened and has some MENTAL Thai food. Some Japanese too but I haven't tried yet.
Curries are onolicious!

I ate at Aunty Pon's the other day. You're right the curry was great. I also had the teriyaki pork which was awesome too!

Definately going back.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
quote:
Originally posted by kalakoa

There just aren't very many mexicans on the island; in theory, it should be easier to find a good samoan place, but I'm not aware of any.

In other places I've lived even if there is only one Mexican family there was a Mexican Restaurant, here in Hawaii there are more Mexicans than most people realize, but not much good Mexican food.
There seems to be more Mexicans on kona side. They got those big bottles of Valentina's hot sauce for $3 at Kona KTA.
more Mexicans than most people realize, but not much good Mexican food

Too hard to open a restaurant?

I know of three mexican places on the east side: Luquins, Lucy's, Maui Taco. Are there more?
You're welcome Eric and Rob. Teriyaki Pork? I'm getting hungry now.

I used to love Pancho and Leftys authentic Mexican food in Kona Town back in the day. So flavorful and fresh! The Burrito Green Verde was insane. But then ownership
changed about 10 years back and so did the food.
Born&Raised Hawai'i Island
Kalakoa, get Rueben's by Cafe Pesto but locals mainly go there for the alcohol. Food is alright.
Born&Raised Hawai'i Island