Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Neighborhood Thefts
quote:
Originally posted by Kapohocat

Okay since I cant seem to find the NW watch thread....

I thought this might be a good place to put the theft watch.

So here it is for today. 3:00 Pm ish...

27th between Makuu & Paradise in HPP - one big maybe Samoan or dark Hawaiian guy and one white guy in a big white ford 4WD tried to rip off a job site. One of our guys was driving by, chased them towards Pahoa - tried to flag j‌avascript:insertsmilie('[:0]')
Shocked [:0]down police (who passed on by). Nothing stolen - they had wheelbarrow full of tools loaded up - but ran to truck when our guy pulled up. The lead guy had just left site about 2:00 Pm ish.

Person who watches jobsite regularly was coming back from store run after been gone only a few minutes.

PS and I suggest if this is a crook reading this, you dont want to mess with a bunch of rednecks. Steal their tools and they will quit their jobs and hunt you full time.

Catherine Dumond
Blue Water Project Management
808 217-7578
http://bluewaterpm.125mb.com/index.html
"We help make building your dream home a reality"

Edited by - kapohocat on 11/17/2007 18:12:32

Edited by - kapohocat on 11/17/2007 18:14:43

Kapohocat, the reason you can't find the neighborhood watch topic was because it was removed because it was created by punapeter.Didn't he come down and offer to talk about setting up a sting operation with the Kea'su police department and Ltnt. Guillermo for the thefts of tools on the construction sight on 27th. And according to what I have heard your husband did not have the courtesy to call. SO a neighborhood watch activist takes his time to come and offer his time and doesn't get a call back?
Not to mention that after being banned from this forum through beachboy punapeter gave someone who asked for a bathtub for their handicapped child for nothing[:0]Also, punapeter set up the neighborhood watch on his street which had foiled a couple of burglaries and found a lost dog.
In my humble opinion I think you should give him the courtesy of responding to my latest topic to bring him back on to the Puna web
I've been seeing plenty of strangers cruising around lately. Fortunate for us we live in HPP, seems to be more home invasions in Leilani Estates, Nanawale, Fern Gardens than our subdivision. Perhaps it's because they don't have a neighborhood watch in their subdivision, or street for that matter[:0][8]?

Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.

Mark Twain
-----------

Support the 'Jack Herer Initiative'NOW!!
quote:
Originally posted by Beachboy

...seems to be more home invasions in Leilani Estates, Nanawale, Fern Gardens...

Beachboy, there's a huge difference between home invasion and break-in, the former meaning the bad guys break in while someone is home. Is that what you mean? That happened in Discovery Harbour last year and the neighborhood was justifiably enraged.

Mahalo nui loa,
Brian and Mary
Lynnwood, WA\Discovery Harbour
Aloha pumehana,
Brian and Mary
Lynnwood, WA\Discovery Harbour
This video explains it a bit better http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6Mdb0G7sVU

While watching this video, which I found very informative, it came to me! Big Brother will be watching and we've wired ourselves into it voluntarily! Just don't want any "wiring" in the bedrooms or bath, or any other rooms with activity! Sorry just couldn't help myself as recently watched an ancient movie called Matrix! For a wash and wear girl I'm so behind the times! LOL

mella l
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
I've had to make a police report regarding a guy who has been stalking our place to rip off my medical marijuana plants. HPD knows exactly who this person is, a notorious scumbag. I'm learning that most thefts in Puna are committed by people who live nearby. I can't remember who told me this, maybe one of the HPD officers, that over the holiday season 37 (or 39, my memory fails me) home invasions occurred in HPP alone!

I blog about my life as a legal medhead, so if you want to follow along check out www.hawaiianhighlands.com I wrote about HPD visiting my property recently.

Aloha,Crizzy

"Can I pay you back Tuesday for a hamburger today?"

Crizzy,

There is a reason why your memory is failing you![8D] As mentioned above, there is a distinction between "home invasions" and burglaries.

A home invasion is basically a robbery (taking something through force or fear) that takes place in someone's home.

A burglary is breaking and entering with the intent to commit a crime therein (a crime such as theft).