Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Orchidland newsletter and web site from one of
I was at the board meeting when, at that time, the Road Chairman and Crew manager when asked why it wasn't done right with 6" concrete and rebar said he wasn't informed "I wasn't notified" was his exact words. He should have been on site inspecting.
So I call BS
One Thing I can always be sure of is that things will never go as expected.
Yes, we all called BS. There is no guarantee that a 'licensed contractor" will do the job right. The only guarantee is that if they don't, then you get to deal with their insurance company's lawyers. What fun.
In the meantime I talked with a contractor that actually works on roads about the chipseal.
I too thought it was a waste of money but he convinced me that it will extend the life of the road which will certainly eventually degrade. Nothing lasts forever. Its a bandaid.
One Thing I can always be sure of is that things will never go as expected.
And I thought that the HPP board was bad. Wow... Good luck! Too bad people didn't go to jail for mishandling the funds.

It's sad what money will do to some people.
quote:
Originally posted by ericlp

And I thought that the HPP board was bad. Wow... Good luck! Too bad people didn't go to jail for mishandling the funds.

Until both OLCA's stop making shi shi on each other and put away their hate,the community will suffer. They act like spoiled children which at times can be great fun to watch.
Slow Walker
quote:
Originally posted by kimo wires

I was at the board meeting when, at that time, the Road Chairman and Crew manager when asked why it wasn't done right with 6" concrete and rebar said he wasn't informed "I wasn't notified" was his exact words. He should have been on site inspecting.
So I call BS

The 2" of asphalt sure will last on top of the macnut soil over there in front of Stoner's place. Must be nic.....
Yeah, I was thinking that as well. Before they laid the asphalt on, you could see it was just loose fill. The first 20 inch storm we get, when the Puna River comes blasting through there, it'll likely be gone.
quote:
Originally posted by Slow Walker

quote:
Originally posted by ericlp

Until both OLCA's stop making shi shi on each other and put away their hate,the community will suffer. They act like spoiled children which at times can be great fun to watch.

Once again we have come full circle, to the point of "as long as we continue to fight amongst ourselves, we will not be taking the fight to where it belongs."

And the county will continue to collect our taxes and give us little in return, and our county officials sit back and laugh at us while saying to themselves (in the words of Kalakoa) "hooray, the system works."

And someone will say "that's getting old" and I will respond with "as long as the condition exists, why should the words go away?"
"hooray, the system works."

Correct: the giant Tax Mining operation is working exactly as designed. The only "problem" is that people have mistaken it for an actual place to live.
The Arthur's Should go to jail for embezzlement and bank fraud. They are more crooked than presidential candidates.
Kw