Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inbound missle from N. Korea alert.
"This event has me whistling the theme melody from Looney Tunes."

Strange that it as Looney Tunes. TomK and I heard Benny Hill.
quote:
Originally posted by Lodestone

The bigger question: why did it take over half an hour to issue a correction?

does it take that long to change one's undies?

edit to add...big mistake for someone
Why didn’t the nuclear sirens go off when that kind of alert goes out from Civil Defense?

Mistakes like this can cause a war to break out.
I live in EdenRoc no cell service didnt know about it till a friend call me to tell me it was false alert stupid no siren. i seen on news Hawaii is going to built shelters for everyone in Hawaii by 2025 that stupid waste of money How many get people get to one in 15 min. you know the traffic would be like on two lanes highways not to mention traffic jams in Oahu

jrw
jrw

"Why didn’t the nuclear sirens go off when that kind of alert goes out from Civil Defense?"
By their design.
Interesting timing!

Yesterday... Isle military brass weigh N. Korean threats

“North Korea, China and ISIS were center stage — with some differences of opinion on coping with Kim Jong Un — at the annual Chamber of Commerce Hawaii military partnership conference Friday at the state Capitol.”

http://www.staradvertiser.com/2018/01/13...26a97b13f1
This hasn't taken long.

The nasty Colleen Hanabusa is already on KHNL, making it a political issue, blaming everyone from Governor Ige to President Trump and any Republican she can blabber out of her mouth.
Colleen Hanabusa blaming... Governor Ige... President Trump and any Republican

That DoD warning facility must have been crowded this morning.

"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water.” - President Donald J. Trump
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
So the system gives us a 15 minute of imminent annihilation, but it takes 38 minutes to issue a correction. So I guess if you're not dead in 16 minutes, you're OK.
First, someone needs to lose their job over this fiasco. Second someone needs to be fired over the recently released letters sent out by some underling in the Hawaii PD threatening firearms owners on the medical pot users that, they had to bring in their firearms for immediate confiscation. This thug with a badge even forged the Chief's signature on this letter. The right took this and ran with it, running headlines you can imagine. Stuff like, a US state is in the act of confiscating citizen's firearms. The person responsible should've axed. The Chief retracted the letters and said this was NOT happening. As a taxpayer, I don't want my tax money thrown away for this kind of incompetence. Nincompoops such as these should be making Big Macs or sweeping out the mall after hours.

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP