Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Water Delivery
(02-14-2024, 11:29 PM)garymatt Wrote: getting back in the Punaweb habit after rebuilding my system.

Keaau Service Station 808-966-9373 delivers 4500plus gallons for $222 to my house regularly. (No gutters) About once a month now that 4 of us are here.
Anyway I'm in HPP off Kaloli on 13.  That matters because the further away the higher the cost. I was told our rate was about their cheapest.
In May (I think), 2020 I got recommendations from Punaweb for getting old BURST and do I mean BURST tank hauled off and a new one built.
I searched but could not find my posts about how well that went.
Anyway without absolute certainty I say the Catchment Dude, did it all for about or less than $5600.

According to the water delivery guy, the water haulers are regulated by the county.  Because they don't pay for the county water. They are allowed to charge a maximum of $250 for a water delivery.  They can charge an additional $25 if the delivery requires more than one hose.  I don't know if that's "per hose" or just if they need to use hoses in general.  I suppose the $25 is for the labor in unrolling and re-rolling the hose, wear and tear etc.  There might be additional fees we didn't discuss (distance?).  Or discounts (smaller delivery?)  So $222 is a "deal".
(02-15-2024, 10:24 AM)garymatt Wrote: Everything is cheaper in the long run.
Simple realities; knowing that now and we actually knew that 19 years ago; still does not mean we had the money now or then to implement it.
The next absolutely spare $10K I have will be for that. The height, the piping, the internal filters and UV system...  yes it really would be too close to 10 K.
Or you could spend a couple hundred on gutters and use the catchment water for everything except drinking.   Haul drinking water every so often in 5 gallon containers.  

That's what the real cheapskates do.  Of course it's quite inferior to your plan of being entirely self sufficient.
Cheapskates? Gutters are over-rated! I've seen an HPM tarp carport setup to feed a catchment tank. And as bonus, it keeps the car out of the rain and sun. That and some 5 gallon buckets from the spigots for drinking water is enough for a small family.