Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amazon Air expands operations to Kona International Airport
(09-09-2020, 09:45 PM)macuu222 Wrote: Same here. My physical address is Keaau....and my PO Box is Pahoa.  I'm not in any rush to get this item so if it takes a month of going back and forth...so be it.

This just in:  As the world turns... The one time I really wanted to get something quickly... I just assumed they "had" to send via UPS because it contained 3 lithium-ion batteries and red flagged as WOULD NOT SHIP VIA USPS, I used the physical / PO Box trick, and Amazon sent it USPS after waiting two weeks... and the Keaau post office is sending it 3,000+ miles back to Amazon instead of a few miles to my PO box.

:  SIGH : 

Murphy's law has a special prosecutor in Puna.

It's not about winning, it's about losing by as least as much as possible.  I guess in a week or so when I get the refund I'll re-order and have it shipped to PO box street address.   Maybe I'll have the item 2 months after I needed it and 6,000+ miles of unnecessary travel.
Sometimes the best workaround is an eBay seller who doesn't care about the technicalities.
That is actually my go-to.

On this product: No dice/no warranty.
My desk chair I ordered Thursday is scheduled to arrive Tuesday. It says on UPS tracking it's being sent next day air. The item is bulky and weighs 30 lbs so it just might not be acceptable for USPS and go UPS all the way. Fingers crossed.
I've decided to make lemonade. Soon after I ordered it I got hammered with a bunch of unexpected expenses and there are more on the way, so I've decided to look at this as a blessing I'll get the refund instead.

"You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometime you find
You get what you need"
I guess in a week or so when I get the refund I'll re-order and have it shipped to PO box street address.
-----------
I would be happy to help you out. I would let you ship to my physical address, here in Leilani. I also order things on behalf of a few friends who don't have a Prime account and for a couple of them, just use an alternate shipping address right to their house. In another case, they order and have it shipped to my physical address. There is always a way to cheat the system. PM me. We met before, years ago when you were selling at Makuu.
Thanks for the offer- I've decided to put off reordering until I recover from all these surprise bills.

Different terracore? We've never sold anything at the Makuu. The last time I was there I think it was free to get in.
I would have sworn that was you. Oh well. Offer still stands. Let me know.
Maybe it was Riverwolf? He and his wife sold at Makuu, products that made off-grid life easier. The few times we went to Makuu we talked story at their table.
FYI... My desk chair arrived by UPS delivered to my door in HPP. 4 days from order to delivery (including two weekend days). Not bad considering I don't have prime.