Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
pahoa roundabout protest
"Freedom isn't free". You can have your freedom, you just have to own the consequences.
I tested positive about a month ago. Had some sniffles and cough but otherwise thought they was just using me to pad their stats. I felt much worse with my second Moderna shot a month before that. Maybe that protected me but who knows. I'm going septogenarian in a few weeks with high blood pressure and trying to stave off diabetes with whole wheat pasta. I'm thinking Italian restaurant go out of business if they serve that.
I forgot my mask trying to get into Safeway but found one on the ground. That's the only thing I can think of that vectored me. Otherwise I don't know??
I assume, at the very least, you spayed your mask on both sides using the bottle of disinfectant Safeway leaves out by the carts? You can't be too safe.
I hope you're both joking, but after the past year I really can't be sure of anything. Smile
Getting vaccinated might have been the best thing I did. There's enough testimonials out to recommend that. But after this you feel invincible. What would happen if I didn't get vaccinated??
(08-31-2021, 03:17 PM)randomq Wrote: I hope you're both joking, but after the past year I really can't be sure of anything. Smile

It's obvious that a well-worn mask will work better if you spray it with disinfectant, how could anyone argue with that?

In any case, yes, I was joking and assumed tada was as well - it reminded me of Brit humor!
Wow, thanks, randomq. I thought they were both serious. It's been a long pandemic.....
I'm astonished that some thought my comment was serious, but there you go, there's still such a large difference between US and UK culture, especially with comedy. Some of it, if you're interested, is explained here:

https://youtu.be/ETfktmS8q6o
I mean, when you have people holding signs saying viruses don't actually exist...

Actually, going down that rabbit hole, it was a Brit, David Icke, that first popularized the theory that 5G caused coronavirus:

https://www.skeptic.org.uk/2021/01/meet-...ont-exist/

And his theory was based off of a quack psychiatrist named, get this, "Andrew Kaufman". If you remember Andy Kaufman from SNL, and his strange humor, you have to start to wonder...

Maybe the original protesters were just nihilistic comedians, and they accidentally created a social movement of useful idiots that actually believe the joke!
(09-01-2021, 08:59 AM)TomK Wrote:
(08-31-2021, 03:17 PM)randomq Wrote: I hope you're both joking, but after the past year I really can't be sure of anything. Smile

It's obvious that a well-worn mask will work better if you spray it with disinfectant, how could anyone argue with that?

In any case, yes, I was joking and assumed tada was as well - it reminded me of Brit humor!

How about soaking it in whisk(e)y? At least it might help you forget things for a while!
Puna:  Our roosters crow first!