Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Popeyes Hiring
Social media is reporting an epic line. I'll wait.

SM also reporting that Wendy's is hiring for a Hilo location. I don't know where.
I was lined up for the drive thru. Someone from the store walked up and said it would be a shorter wait inside. The car in front of me left so I was able to back into a parking space that no one had been able to use because of the line. 45 minutes from start to finish. I think for the next few weeks it's going to be a lot worse.
Never ceases to amaze how lazy people are. Idling in line, contributing to global warming and all, when all they have to do is park and get some steps in B4 feeding they glutinous addictions to fatty, processed junk.
With apologies to Field of Dreams:

If you fry it, they will come.
Wondering if I should put off trip to the Pahoa post office to get my mail?
On the contrary, if everyone is at Popeye's, there should be no line at the post office.
How bad are the prices?
Someone took a menu picture with a 2002 flipfone:
[Image: AF1QipOFU3a0m6xxTLFlikSfwass9PxR9zFfTSY4...w768-h1404]
$9.00 for a chicken sandwich???  I went this morning around 10:30am. They have barricades up to control the flow for walk ins. I was in line for 30 minutes with 7 people in front of me outside (plus whatever was inside). I left 30 minutes later with three people still in front of me. They're only letting in three people at a time and they only have one cashier. And almost everyone leaving was carrying Popeyes shopping bags full of food.  The drive thru line was insane. Backed up the rest of Puna Kai's parking lot.  Maybe I'll try again in 6 months.
I left 30 minutes later with three people still in front of me. 

Question: at how many minutes does it stop being fast food?