Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Pizza Hut In Keaau
I double checked the county permits all the way
back to May 2006 that were valued 500K or more.There was nothing that stood out. A good
majority of them were for high end houses in West Hawaii.

It is possible the permit was granted in September, which hasn't been posted yet.

This was the quote from the Star about Costco and the the east side a couple of days ago.

"Meanwhile, Costco is searching for new locations -- Hilo is one possibility -- though there are no firm plans at this time.
"We've scouted sites out there," said Sofos. "But no decisions have been made, and we're still looking."

Keith
Keith
Hwy 130 is the Keaau Pahoa, except the area of new building construction is the area of hwy 130 that is the bypass around the metro area of Keaau. (so all the traffic doesn't have to get snarled in the downtown Keaau traffic light!)
Aloha, Carey

Trailing off topic, I enjoyed Keith's reference to the "Honolulu Star". The paper hasn't been called that since 1912. That year, it merged with the Evening Bulletin to become the Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

Les

Edited by - Les C on 09/21/2006 15:14:42
http://www.hunterbishop.com/display/ShowJournal?moduleId=661603&creatorId=95814

While lurking around Punaweb, which has a lively forum frequented by many Puna newbies, I noticed a lot of excitement about a rumor that Costco has broken ground for new store on Route 130 in Keaau next to the new Credit Union of Hawaii. But not so, apparently. The county Planning Department has no knowledge of Costco building in Puna, and a call to Costco in Kona elicited a flat denial that the Big Box retailer is planning to build anywhere in East Hawaii at this time.

regarding Costco....Unless you have ALOT of mouths to feed, I find their gallon jars of mayomaise and 20 lb hamburger packs not useful for my family of 3/ BUT...

Prescription medicine is ALOT cheaper from their pharmacy..Look into it. They have amazing deals on meds.

Check out my Exotica CD at www.tikiyakiorchestra.com
We biked over this afternoon (looked like CUHawaii was open - they are opening MONDAY!). We asked the manager, he din't know for sure, but thought it was being subdivided into smaller retail units. Went over & looked at property, and that seems to check out. There are several rectangular parcels staked out on either side of a staked out central roadway.
Checked the parcel data: The Parcel is 16003005, 17.042 acres Ag, 11.018 industrail, Owner of record Foster Kern LLC of Redwood City CA. 6 permits have been pulled, from 1983-1996. No current permits on Cty Record. Last sales transaction on record was 1996.
Aloha, Carey

Carey,
I'm guessing you got that information from the development public notification sign ?

Aaron

Info from the county web. The Parcel is just down from ours, & have had the Parcel # since before we bought our house (did check out the zoning of that parcel then). I wrote, this is the data that is on the County record, I should have noted that this is the data on the Web record, which may lag the actual time record.
There was no Public Notification sign on the Milo Side (the address of record is on MIlo) of the developement, and didn't ride the bike down 130 to check on a sign. (still have willies on the time a rope trailered car almost side swiped me last year on 130, it took out two of the reflector stakes in front of us!)
Aloha, Carey

Lucky you had the TMK #, as the Hawaii Property Tax website has severly limited access to TMK
records.